Heavy Duty Single Outdoor Caravan Water Filter System | Watermark Certified (1-0)
- Ideal for Pre-filtering Water BEFORE it goes into your Main Water Storage Tank
- Sturdy Pre-Assembled Bracket for Convenient Mounting to your Caravan's Exterior or Interior
- Your Choice of White Powder Coated or Stainless Steel Bracket
- Your Choice of Single Filter (See Below for More Info About Filter Combo Options + Prices)
- Can be Plumbed-In or used with Standard Garden Hose Fittings
- Fully Watermark Certified & Compliant with the Plumbing Code of Australia
Heavy Duty Single Outdoor Caravan Water Filter System | WaterMark Certified (1-0)
- Ideal for Pre-filtering Water BEFORE it goes into your Main Water Storage Tank.
- Your Choice of Sturdy White Powder Coated or Stainless Steel Pre-Assembled Corrosion Resistant Bracket for Convenient Mounting to your Caravan's Exterior or Interior.
- Your Choice of Filters (Optional Extra).
- High Flow 3/4" Ports - Compatible with Hose Fittings or can be Plumbed In.
- Heavy Construction Housings tested to 120psi.
- Fully Watermark Certified & Compliant with the Plumbing Code of Australia.
- Suits Standard Australian Sized 10" x 2.5" Water Filter Cartridges.
- Note that these housings are BLUE meaning they are suitable for outdoor use. Don't be fooled into buying WHITE HOUSINGS for use outside. They are not UV resistant.
- Dimensions: Height: 380mm (Allow 1" space below for filter change if mounting), Width: 150mm (Without Fittings), Depth: 150mm.
- See below for information about which filter combination to choose to suit your needs.
- Heavy Duty Watermark Certified Single UV Resistant 10"x2.5" Filter System on Bracket (GT8-4G)
- Opening Spanner
- Your Choice of Filters (Optional Extra - See Below for More Info About Filter Combo Options + Above Drop Down Menu for Pricing)
Due to popular demand and ongoing feedback from Caravaners, Nomads and Travellers all across Australia, we have decided to release the Heavy Duty Single Caravan Water Filter System.
This system can be externally mounted or plumbed in. Whilst it can be plumbed in, this is only recommended for internal installation. If used externally, detach the system when in motion to avoid damage.
The port sizes are 3/4" for high flow to 45 LPM, however, to maximise the efficiency of the carbon cartridges for drinking water purposes, you should not exceed 15 LPM.
Please note: under no circumstances should a thread sealant be used on water filtration housings – thread
tape ONLY is permitted. If thread sealants are used, all warranty is void.
This Water Filter System is certified to WaterMark Standards AS/NZS 3497 under Certificate Number 23247. WaterMark certification is the level of certification required by law for a licensed plumber in Australia to install a water filter system. All products used under this certification will give you peace of mind knowing that your water filter complies with Australian plumbing codes.
Our WaterMark certified filter systems are hand assembled here in Australia and are randomly batch tested to ensure top quality and workmanship for your water filtration products.
Caravan filters are recommended for replacement every 6-12 months, or as required. Please see below for filter options and links to replacement filters for this system:
About Pleated/Washable Sediment Filters
Pleated filters are washable and reusable, so you can rinse out any coarse debris to prevent clogging, and they also help to protect the filters thereafter from clogging up prematurely. Pleated filters also have 20x the surface area of a standard polyspun filter, giving them more surface area to catch debris and a longer life span by comparison!
- 100 Micron Washable Mesh Strainer (Tank/Rain/Bore Water*)
Ideal for filtering large, coarse debris such as algae, rocks, sticks and leaves.
- 50 Micron Washable Pleated Sediment Filter (Tank/Rain/Bore Water*)
Ideal for filtering sand and small rocks.
- 20 Micron Washable Pleated Sediment Filter (Tank/Rain/Bore Water*)
Ideal for filtering sand and dirt.
- 5 Micron Washable Pleated Sediment Filter (Mains/Tank/Rain/Bore Water*)
Ideal for filtering fine debris such as fine sand, dirt and silt.
- 5 Micron Premium Washable Pleated Sediment Filter (Mains/Tank/Rain/Bore Water*)
Ideal for filtering fine debris such as fine sand, dirt, silt & algae.
- 1 Micron Washable Pleated Sediment Filter (Mains/Tank/Rain Water*)
Ideal for super fine debris such as ultra-fine sand, dirt and silt. Can block quickly if there is a lot of sediment.
About Polyspun Sediment Filters
These economical sediment cartridges are constructed from polypropylene which is spun and melted simultaneously. This technique means there is no centre core to restrict filter performance. The sediment filters are compatible with most liquids and are highly effective for sediment, rust, sand, silt, and algae removal. Sediment filters have no chemical residuals. They are extremely high performing and can carry a heavy load of sediment before requiring replacement. We choose to use these sediment filters over all other types due to the high performance, high flow rate, high load capacity, and inability to grow bacterial slime. Note: Polyspun filters can block quickly if there is an excessive amount of sediment and a fine micron rating.
- 10 Micron Polyspun Sediment Filter (Mains/Tank/Rain/Bore Water*)
Ideal for filtering fine sand and dirt.
- 5 Micron Polyspun Sediment Filter (Mains/Tank/Rain/Bore Water*)
Ideal for fine debris such as fine sand, dirt and silt. Can block quickly if there is excessive sediment.
- 5 Micron Premium Gradient PolySpun Sediment Filter (Mains/Tank/Rain/Bore Water*)
Ideal for fine debris such as fine sand, dirt and silt. Can block quickly if there is a lot of sediment.
- 1 Micron Polyspun Sediment Filter (Mains/Tank/Rain Water*)
Ideal for super fine debris such as ultra-fine sand, dirt and silt. Can block quickly if there is excessive sediment.
- 0.5 Micron Polyspun Sediment Filter (Mains/Tank/Rain Water*)
Ideal for super fine debris such as ultra-fine sand, dirt and silt. Can block quickly if there is excessive sediment.
About Coconut Carbon Block Filters
The perfect carbon block filter is made from 100% Coconut Shell Carbon, which creates what many believe to be the sweetest-tasting water. The unique pore structure of coconut carbon is well suited for chemical adsorption, including VOCs, while reducing chlorine and chemicals that contribute to taste and odour.
This high quality 100% Coconut Carbon filter is the exact filter we use as our front-line carbon filter. As a rule, it is difficult to find 100% coconut carbon filters. Most lower priced filters on the market are a blend of coconut carbon and coal-based carbon. However, the problem with coal-based carbon is that it has a shorter life and often results in a less palatable flavour. Thus, due to their incredibly high quality, affordability and durability, we exclusively use this 100% coconut carbon filter in all of our pre-assembled Caravan Filter kits.
- 20 Micron Low Pressure Drop Carbon (Mains Water)
Ideal for a small chlorine reduction without compromising on water pressure.
- 5 Micron Coconut Carbon Block Filter (Mains Water)
- 1 Micron Coconut Carbon Block Filter (Mains Water)
Ideal for removing Chlorine, Taste and Odour on Chlorinated Mains Water.
- 1 Micron Premium Coconut Carbon Block Filter (Mains Water)
Superior reduction of Chlorine, Taste and Odour on Chlorinated Mains Water.
- 5 Micron Bacteriostatic Silver Impregnated Coconut Carbon (Mains Water)
- 0.5 Micron Bacteriostatic Silver Impregnated Coconut Carbon (Mains/Tank/Rain/Bore Water*)
Whilst carbon effectively removes odours and taste issues from water, carbon ash is a source of nourishment for bacteria, and unfortunately, carbon filters can quickly biofoul if left in wet and warm conditions. Silver impregnated (bacteriostatic) carbon, however, prevents biofouling and extends the life of the filters, as it immobilises the respiratory activity of the bacterial cell and prevents bacteria from breeding in the filter. The Silver Carbon filter combo is therefore suited to applications where the system may not be frequently in use for periods of a week or more. Recommended for use with rainwater/caravan use for the convenience of not needing to be prematurely changed due to bacteria growth.
- 0.5 Micron Lead Reduction Coconut Carbon (Mains/Tank/Rain/Bore Water*)
The technologically advanced LRC cartridge ensures that the reduction of heavy metals such as lead, arsenic, chrome, copper and many more, as well as hazardous chemicals such as chlorine are removed from your drinking water, along with a monumental amount of other VOC’s and THM's. With our ageing water supplies, it is not uncommon to have elevated levels of heavy metals in our treated water supplies. These elevated levels of heavy metals combined with the different chemicals being used to treat our water supplies can have serious health effects and can also cause severe problems within our homes.
- 0.5 Micron Chloramine Reduction Coconut Carbon (Mains Water)
Free chlorine can be easily removed from water with minimal contact time, however now most municipal water supplies in Australia are using Monochloramine. Monochloramine is an ammonia bonded Chlorine molecule (NH2Cl) which is an inorganic compound. While monochloramine is noted to produce lower (but still present) levels of chlorocarbons and carbon tetrachloride levels, there are other known health risks that can be far more serious. The addition of Chloramine to the water supply can increase exposure to lead in drinking water, especially in areas with older infrastructure. Australia has a large percentage of old buildings where this can be a serious risk. In some cases, with older buildings, it has been noted that the mixture of monochloramine and Fluorosilicic Acid can even dissolve metals such as copper pipes, causing green/blue staining in the water and damaging plumbing. Boasting a 0.5uM nominal rating, this filter has a huge advantage due to the highly reactive surface area of the composite carbon designed to denature and neutralise chloramine with minimal contact time.
***IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT WATER SANITATION***
Disclaimer: Do not use or drink microbiologically unsafe water or water of unknown quality without adequate disinfection.
FSA’s Recommendation for Caravans, Campervans + Travellers on Rain/Tank/Potable Bore Water*
If during your travels you will ever use Rain/Tank Water and Potable Bore Water (*i.e bore water that has been tested to the Australian Drinking Water Guidelines and deemed suitable for drinking purposes per the Guidelines’ aesthetic, health and safety recommendations), please see below our recommended filtration schedule to ensure safe drinking water:
- External Sediment + Carbon Pre-Filtration to Prevent Tank Clogging + Improve Initial Taste & Odour
- Tank Dose with HydroSil Ultra 7.5% for Protection Against Bacteria & Viruses
- Undersink <1 Micron Absolute Filter for Protection against Parasites & (Optional) Coconut Carbon for Improved Final Taste & Odour
Read on for a full explanation of why we recommend this as the minimum standard of filtration for treating Rain/Tank/Potable Bore Water for drinking purposes.
For Protection Against Bacteria/Viruses
Bacteria (such as E.Coli) can colonize in stagnant water and result in harmful illnesses when consumed.
For sanitation against common water-borne bacteria/viruses in rainwater and potable bore water*, we, therefore, recommend dosing your tank with a product such as Hydrosil Ultra 7.5% Water Sanitiser to ensure protection against microbiological contamination/biofouling in your pipework and/or filter system.
HydroSil is a food-grade silver and hydrogen-peroxide based water sanitiser, which acts to oxidise bacteria and viruses without leaving any dangerous residues behind. HydroSil sanitizes and protects your tanks and water storage devices, making rainwater and potable bore water* safe and suitable for human consumption. HydroSil is not a chlorine-based chemical like most sterilisers on the market today. It is non-toxic, and safe to use around your home and family.
Dosage Rate: HydroSil should be dosed at a rate of 200mL per 1000L of water.
To scale down to tank size, you will require 20mL per 100L.
Buy Hydrosil Ultra 7.5% Here:
For Protection Against Parasites/Protozoa
Ingesting waterborne parasites (Protozoan Cysts) such as Cryptosporidium and Giardia (which flourish in raw water sources such as rain water tanks and bores), are a common cause of gastroenteritis.
Whilst Chlorine can inactivate Giardia with a moderate dose and contact time, Chlorine has a negligible effect on Cryptosporidium unless dosed in excess of the acceptable Chlorine limit listed in the Australian Drinking Water Guidelines (Version 3.6, pp. 200).
For protection against these common cysts, we, therefore, recommend under sink filtration down to at least 1 Micron (Absolute) or smaller (i.e. with Reverse Osmosis or the Caware 0.1 Micron Absolute 3-in-1 Sediment, Chemical + Bacteria Reduction Filter). Please note: 0.1 Micron Filtration is NOT recommended for use with an External Caravan Filter System.
Such fine filtration, used along with regular sanitation (i.e. with HydroSil Ultra 7.5%) is a cost-effective and safe drinking water solution for rain water and potable bore water*, and is perfect for casual disinfection requirements such as when travelling in a caravan.
Why UV Disinfection is NOT Recommended for Travelling/Casual Use
You may have read that Ultraviolet (UV) Disinfection is one of the safest and most effective methods for treating drinking water, as it has a minimal effect on drinking water’s composition and taste, whilst killing 99.9% of microbiological contaminants. It's true that UV is highly effective at inactivating the DNA cells of water-borne micro-organisms such as bacteria and viruses, and excellent at killing chlorine-resistant parasites such as Giardia and Cryptosporidium.
However, as effective as they are, please note that UV systems are generally NOT recommended for travelling and casual use, for the following reasons:
- UV Systems require electrical input and typically need to be left on 24/7 to prevent degradation of the UV lamp (not ideal for infrequent use).
- UV radiation also heats up the UV chamber and, in some cases, requires a constant flow of fresh water and a thermal release valve to release the hot water (which is not ideal on a small water tank).
- UV Systems also contain fragile glass components (not ideal for travelling).
Up to 30L/Min
1°C – 38°C
20 psi (140 kPa) - 70 psi (500 kPa)
Heavy Duty Stainless Steel
10” x 2.5”
Check Cartridge Specification Or 12 Months
Filter Housing(s) Only
Due to the nature of the products we sell, a strict return policy is in place. We work with food grade certified materials that must be un-opened and un-used as to be able to be re-sold.
You may receive a refund or credit of equal amount, less the restocking fee if applicable and any other deductions that are relevant.
- Wrongly purchased items may be returned for a merchandise credit, this applies for but not limited to: Wrong size, wrong system etc.
- 30 Day return Policy: Returns will not be accepted without prior approval or after 30 days of invoice date.
- All returns will incur a 17.5% restocking fee or cost to send the item to you whichever greater. FSA may use discretion to determine the restocking fee.
- Any damages (minor, that can be repaired) will incur a fee which will be deducted from the total refund which will be equal to the cost of the replacement
parts (List Price) and labour charge (if applicable) to repair the system(s). This will be separate to the restocking fee.
- Any damage considered to be major and not feasible for repair may be refused and the return request will be void. The customer will be responsible for the return freight or disposal of the damaged unit.
- Return shipping is to be paid by the buyer to the address provided. It is recommended that the customer applies transit warranty to the return freight in case of damage.
- Any damages to the system that were not reported to FSA within 48 business hours of receipted delivery are not covered under our transit warranty.
- Should the item appear faulty or doesn’t work how described, the unit/item must be returned for testing (if requested), the return postage paid by the buyer. If the unit/item is deemed to be faulty, compensation will be provided for the postage cost (Proof of cost required). If the unit/item is deemed to be in working order and as described, the buyer will responsible for return postage.
If you have any questions about our return policy, please contact us before purchase. This will also help to ensure you purchase the correct product that suits your requirements.