Chloramine Reduction Coconut Carbon Block Filter 0.5 Micron 10" x 4.5" 4-13CRC
- Made from 100% Coconut Carbon – Catalytic Highly Reactive
- High Iodine 1200 for Increased Chemical Reduction
- Effectively Reduces Chlorine, Tastes & Odours
- Catalytic Carbon - Nominal Micron Rating 0.5uM
- Effectively Neutralises Chloramine & Absorbs VOC’s and DBP’s in Mains Water
- Ideal Cartridge for Municipal Mains Water that has been treated with Monochloramine
- Over 95% Reduction of VOC’s as tested by WQA
- Compliant to NSF/ANSI 42
|Select||Quantity||Discount||Price per piece|
Pure Coconut Carbon Block Filters are made from a combination of high-performance coconut shell carbon, unique binders and industry leading manufacturing processes to deliver trade quality carbon block filters. They deliver exceptionally low pressure drop while maintaining a high dirt holding capacity with excellent contaminant reduction capabilities.
Pure Carbon Blocks are registered in compliance with NSF/ANSI 42, 53 and 61 for several things, including VOC’s, THM’s, Lead & Heavy Metal Reduction, Chloramine Reduction & Chlorine Taste & Odour reduction. This also includes meeting standards of purity & safety of the materials used.
Pure's CRC range of Coconut Carbon filters are a market leader when it comes to the removal of monochloramine from municipal water. Boasting a 0.5uM nominal rating, this filter has a huge advantage due to the highly reactive surface area of the composite carbon designed to denature and neutralise chloramine with minimal contact time.
Free chlorine can be easily removed from water with minimal contact time, however now most municipal water supplies in Australia are using Monochloramine. Monochloramine is an ammonia bonded Chlorine molecule (NH2Cl) which is an inorganic compound. While monochloramine is noted to produce lower (but still present) levels of chlorocarbons and carbon tetrachloride levels, there are other known health risks that can be far more serious.
The addition of Chloramine to the water supply can increase exposure to lead in drinking water, especially in areas with older infrastructure. Australia has a large percentage of old buildings where this can be a serious risk. In some cases, with older buildings, it has been noted that the mixture of monochloramine and Fluorosilicic Acid can even dissolve metals such as copper pipes, causing green/blue staining in the water and damaging plumbing.
Filter Size: 10" x 4.5"
Filter Type: Catalytic Coconut Carbon - Chloramine Reduction
Micron Rating : 0.5 Micron
|Part Number||O.D. X Length||Nominal µm Rating||Chlorine Taste & Odor Reduction Capacity @ flow*||Chloramine Reduction Capacity @ flow*||Initial @ Flow*|
|CRC 4510-P5||4.5”X 10”||0.5||227,000 Litres@ 11.5 Lpm||> 15,000 Litres@ 5.7 Lpm||6.0 psid @ 11.5 Lpm|
Due to the nature of the products we sell, a strict return policy is in place. We work with food grade certified materials that must be un-opened and un-used as to be able to be re-sold.
You may receive a refund or credit of equal amount, less the restocking fee if applicable and any other deductions that are relevant.
- Wrongly purchased items may be returned for a merchandise credit, this applies for but not limited to: Wrong size, wrong system etc.
- 30 Day return Policy: Returns will not be accepted without prior approval or after 30 days of invoice date.
- All returns will incur a 17.5% restocking fee or cost to send the item to you whichever greater. FSA may use discretion to determine the restocking fee.
- Any damages (minor, that can be repaired) will incur a fee which will be deducted from the total refund which will be equal to the cost of the replacement
parts (List Price) and labour charge (if applicable) to repair the system(s). This will be separate to the restocking fee.
- Any damage considered to be major and not feasible for repair may be refused and the return request will be void. The customer will be responsible for the return freight or disposal of the damaged unit.
- Return shipping is to be paid by the buyer to the address provided. It is recommended that the customer applies transit warranty to the return freight in case of damage.
- Any damages to the system that were not reported to FSA within 48 business hours of receipted delivery are not covered under our transit warranty.
- Should the item appear faulty or doesn’t work how described, the unit/item must be returned for testing (if requested), the return postage paid by the buyer. If the unit/item is deemed to be faulty, compensation will be provided for the postage cost (Proof of cost required). If the unit/item is deemed to be in working order and as described, the buyer will responsible for return postage.
If you have any questions about our return policy, please contact us before purchase. This will also help to ensure you purchase the correct product that suits your requirements.