0.5 Micron Tannin Reduction/Surface Modification 100% Coconut Carbon Block Water Filter | 20" x 4.5" (GT4-19SMC)
- Made from 100% Coconut Carbon – Catalytic Highly Reactive
- High Iodine 1200 for Increased Chemical Reduction
- Effectively Reduces Chlorine, Tastes & Odours
- Highest Contaminant Reduction Cartridge from Pure
- Designed for Colour Absorption & Reduction of Organics
- Available in 20” x 4.5” only, for Maximum Contact Time
- 0.5 Micron Nominal Micron Rating
- Over 95% Reduction of VOC’s as tested by WQA
- Compliant to NSF/ANSI 42
|Select||Quantity||Discount||Price per piece|
Pure Coconut Carbon Block Filters are made from a combination of high-performance coconut shell carbon, unique binders and industry leading manufacturing processes to deliver trade quality carbon block filters. They deliver exceptionally low pressure drop while maintaining a high dirt holding capacity with excellent contaminant reduction capabilities.
Pure Carbon Blocks are registered in compliance with NSF/ANSI 42, 53, and 61 for several things, including VOCs, THM’s, Lead & Heavy Metal Reduction, Chloramine Reduction & Chlorine Taste & Odour reduction. This also includes meeting standards of purity & safety of the materials used.
Surface Modification Carbon is a new advancement in carbon block technology. This technology focuses on the absorption factor of coconut carbon to provide the highest rate of removal in a fraction of the contact time usually required by standard GAC filters.
The prestigious SMC 4520-P5 Pure Catalytic Coconut Carbon cartridge boasts the highest absorbance capacity on the market for a cartridge its size. Measured in Chlorine Removal Capacity it handles a whopping 565,000 L of water @ 3ppm Chlorine before falling below the benchmark 85% reduction limit. This filter is jam-packed full of special carbon with the highest density and weight in the Pure Range.
*The golden rule when it comes to tannin is contact time. This is important to note as tannin removal in water is one of the more difficult things to achieve as there are copious amounts of different tannins, all of which react differently to carbon and require different types and blends (such as coal carbon) to produce an effective rate of tannin reduction.
Filter Size: 20" x 4.5"
Filter Type: Catalytic Coconut Carbon - Tannin Reduction
Micron Rating: 0.5 Micron Nominal
|Type||Water Filter Cartridges|
Big Blue Replacement
Surface Modification - Tannin Reduction Water Filter
0.5 Micron - 20" x 4.5"
Chlorine Taste & Odour Removal Capacity
565,000L @ 15L/Min
34.5kPa @ 15L/Min
Due to the nature of the products we sell, a strict return policy is in place. We work with food grade certified materials that must be un-opened and un-used as to be able to be re-sold.
You may receive a refund or credit of equal amount, less the restocking fee if applicable and any other deductions that are relevant.
- Wrongly purchased items may be returned for a merchandise credit, this applies for but not limited to: Wrong size, wrong system etc.
- 30 Day return Policy: Returns will not be accepted without prior approval or after 30 days of invoice date.
- All returns will incur a 17.5% restocking fee or cost to send the item to you whichever greater. FSA may use discretion to determine the restocking fee.
- Any damages (minor, that can be repaired) will incur a fee which will be deducted from the total refund which will be equal to the cost of the replacement
parts (List Price) and labour charge (if applicable) to repair the system(s). This will be separate to the restocking fee.
- Any damage considered to be major and not feasible for repair may be refused and the return request will be void. The customer will be responsible for the return freight or disposal of the damaged unit.
- Return shipping is to be paid by the buyer to the address provided. It is recommended that the customer applies transit warranty to the return freight in case of damage.
- Any damages to the system that were not reported to FSA within 48 business hours of receipted delivery are not covered under our transit warranty.
- Should the item appear faulty or doesn’t work how described, the unit/item must be returned for testing (if requested), the return postage paid by the buyer. If the unit/item is deemed to be faulty, compensation will be provided for the postage cost (Proof of cost required). If the unit/item is deemed to be in working order and as described, the buyer will responsible for return postage.
If you have any questions about our return policy, please contact us before purchase. This will also help to ensure you purchase the correct product that suits your requirements.