Pressure Relief Valve Great for Water Filtration
We all know the importance of Pressure Limiting Valves in preventing equipment failure due to pressure spikes.
By law, they need to be Australian Standard Approved and be installed on all municiple water supplies. However, Pressure Limiting Valves (PLV's) are just that. They limitthe amount of pressure going to the system and aparatus inline, and after the PLV. What can, and does frequently happen, is Thermal Expansion.
Thermal Expansion is a problem that occurs after the PLV. Once water passes through the PLV it has a non return valve, which prevents expansion pushing back through the PLV. So where Thermal Expansion (due to heated, or in fact cooler enviroments, such as coolers, refridgerators, or where a water line after the PLV may be exposed to sunlight), expansion will occur building pressure in the system between the PLV and the appliance.
These pressures can be extraordinary, to the point where they can burst tubing or simply destroy fittings which obviously results in water damage/flooding, which must be avoided. The role of the Pressure Relief Valve (PRV)is not to replace the PLV, but to release pressure that may occur AFTER the PLV and before the appliance.
The PRV is extremely easy to install and comes in a kit form to suit all 1/4" filtration tubing. To install, simply select a location after the PLV, and cut the tubing with a sharp knife. Snap in a Quick Connector Tee with the PRV and extend the tubing from PRV to the drain clamp provided, or any other suitable location to drain.
The only time the PRV will activate is in a situation caused by Thermal Expansion, where the PRV will release when the pressure build up reaches 110 PSI. It will continue to release until the pressure returns to under 110 PSI. All acredited tubing and fittings used on coolers/heaters and filtration are tested well beyond 110 PSI.
Therefore, by releasing at 110 PSI, the PRV gives the ulimate protection against malfunction.
OD Stem Diameter: 22.0 mm
Quick Connect Maximum Temp: 60ºC
Length: 88.6 mm
Minimum Temp: 1ºC
Patents: Patents for and in respect of the PRV110 have been applied for and are pending in Australia and other countries.
Installation and Operating Instructions:
A licensed plumber must carry out installation in accordance with local by-laws/Plumbing Codes. Ensure that the direction of the arrow marked on the product is in the direction of water flow. Fit downstream from a line strainer and an approved pressure-limiting valve. PRV110 must be installed with a physical air gap device such as Airgap faucet/Tun dish prior to discharge to drain line as in accordance with local Plumbing Codes.
Due to the nature of the products we sell, a strict return policy is in place. We work with food grade certified materials that must be un-opened and un-used as to be able to be re-sold.
You may receive a refund or credit of equal amount, less the restocking fee if applicable and any other deductions that are relevant.
- Wrongly purchased items may be returned for a merchandise credit, this applies for but not limited to: Wrong size, wrong system etc.
- 30 Day return Policy: Returns will not be accepted without prior approval or after 30 days of invoice date.
- All returns will incur a 17.5% restocking fee or cost to send the item to you whichever greater. FSA may use discretion to determine the restocking fee.
- Any damages (minor, that can be repaired) will incur a fee which will be deducted from the total refund which will be equal to the cost of the replacement
parts (List Price) and labour charge (if applicable) to repair the system(s). This will be separate to the restocking fee.
- Any damage considered to be major and not feasible for repair may be refused and the return request will be void. The customer will be responsible for the return freight or disposal of the damaged unit.
- Return shipping is to be paid by the buyer to the address provided. It is recommended that the customer applies transit warranty to the return freight in case of damage.
- Any damages to the system that were not reported to FSA within 48 business hours of receipted delivery are not covered under our transit warranty.
- Should the item appear faulty or doesn’t work how described, the unit/item must be returned for testing (if requested), the return postage paid by the buyer. If the unit/item is deemed to be faulty, compensation will be provided for the postage cost (Proof of cost required). If the unit/item is deemed to be in working order and as described, the buyer will responsible for return postage.
If you have any questions about our return policy, please contact us before purchase. This will also help to ensure you purchase the correct product that suits your requirements.