High Performance | Weatherproof Twin Filter + UV Whole House Water Sanitation System (HPF-UV)
- Treats Raw, Rain, Tank & Bore* Water for Households of 3+ People
- Durable Australian Made Tamper-Resistant & Weather-Proof 304 Brushed Stainless-Steel Enclosure to Protect Your System
- Corrosion Resistant Electropolished 304 Stainless Steel Ultraviolet Sanitation Chamber
- Ultra-Stong Tempered Glass Panel to Easily View & Safeguard Electrical Components and Pressure Gauges
- Customisable Twin Pre-Filter Options: Choose from Our Range of Sediment and Carbon Filters Compliant to National Sanitation Foundation/ANSI Standard No. 42 in 20" x 4.5" Size
- Fine Filtration + Fast Acting Sanitisation Kills 99.9% of Parasites, Bacteria & Viruses at High Volume Flow Rates
- Watermark Certified to Australian Plumbing Standards AS/NZS 3497
- Quick and Straightforward Installation
High Performance | Weatherproof Twin Filter + UV Whole House Water Sanitation System | For Raw Water, Rainwater, Tank & Bore (HPF-UV)
- Durable Australian Made Tamper-Resistant & Weather-Proof 304 Brushed Stainless-Steel Frame, Enclosure, and Tempered Glass Hood
- Big Blue Twin Filter System (Pre-Installed)
- 2x Big Blue Filter Housings in 20"x4.5" Size (Note: Filters Sold Separately, See Filter Options Below)
- 2x Pressure Gauges
- High Output UV System
- 1x Corrosion Resistant Electropolished 304 Stainless Steel Ultraviolet Sanitation Chamber (Pre-Installed)
- 1x H7-90-Lamp - 48W High Output UV Lamp, 4 Pin 436mm length
- 1x H7-90-Thimble - Quartz Thimble 470mm length
- 2x GT7-2NSF-OR - O-Rings 23mm outer diameter
- 1x H7-90-PS - Certified Ballast 42-105W Australian Plug + Earthing Cable
Our NEW High Performance Weatherproof Twin Filter + Ultraviolet Whole House Water Sanitation System has been specifically designed to withstand the harsh conditions of the Australian environment, and protect your whole house filter investment from UV Exposure, Heat Damage, Corrosion, and Rust. Just as you would protect any other system with electrical components from the weather, this unit is a must for those who can't afford to lose access to sanitised water, in addition to maintaining a neat-looking home exterior.
Pre-fitted and easy to install thus saving time and installation costs, this solid unit is built to endure from the inside-out, featuring a sleek and industrially-designed Australian Made 304 Brushed Stainless Steel Enclosure. 304 Stainless Steel is renowned for its strength and resistance to corrosion and oxidization thanks to the tough composition of steel, nickel, and chromium alloy. Chromium, in particular, is what makes this 304 Stainless Steel housing truly stainless, as it prevents the formation of rust with an ultra-thin and strong layer of chromium molecules that protect the underlying steel structure.
This system is both tough and practical, with a tempered glass access panel that enables quick maintenance and easy viewing of the pressure gauges, whilst simultaneously protecting the sensitive electrical components of your UV system from rain and tampering (accidental or otherwise).
Unlike most basic UV Power Supplies, the High Performance System features a countdown timer to remind you when the lamp is due for replacement, along with a fail-safe alarm to notify you if the lamp blows (e.g. during a storm surge).
The Corrosion Resistant 304 Stainless Steel Disinfection Chamber is large enough to process a considerable volume of water, whilst the High Output Ultraviolet lamp applies the maximum dosage of UV radiation (40mJ/cm² @ 75L/Min & 30mJ/cm² @ 105L/Min) to kill 99.9% of pathogenic micro-organisms such as bacteria (e.g. E.Coli, Salmonella, Legionella, Campylobacter), viruses, and parasites in tank, rain & bore* water for safe, clean and great-tasting consumption in a household of 3 or more people. (*For bore treatment, see below *IMPORTANT INFORMATION BEFORE YOU ORDER).
The twin cartridge design, based on our Full Sized 20" x 4.5" Reinforced UV Resistant "Big Blue" housings, gives you peak water flow and contact time for maximum impurity reduction, with the freedom to customize your selection of premium-grade Sediment and 100% Coconut Carbon Block filters (see below), which are certified to the National Sanitation Foundation Standard No. 42. Our recommended combinations of a sediment and carbon filter enables the capacity for microfiltration down to 0.5 of a micron to block dirt, sand, dirt, silt, plant spores, pollen, and common gastro-inducing water-borne parasites such as Giardia, Cryptosporidium, Entamoeba and Toxoplasma cysts.
*IMPORTANT INFORMATION BEFORE YOU ORDER: About Rain Water, Bore Water, Carbon Filtration & UV Sanitation
Australia is the world’s driest inhabited continent, and an astonishing 10% of Aussies don’t have access to a mains water supply, so it’s no wonder why rainwater and bore storage tanks are so popular in rural areas to save water during drought and for household use all year round in cooking, cleaning, gardening, bathing and sometimes even drinking. However, whilst many people enjoy the sweet taste of rain and spring water, and some even swear by the ‘raw water’ trend (which proponents (sometimes falsely) believe has more minerals and less contaminants than regular chlorinated town water), we cannot stress enough that drinking untreated water is a very bad idea!
Scarily, in Australia, the general public perception is that rainwater is pure, clean, and safe to drink, but according to the Australian Environmental Health committee’s Guidance of the Use of Rainwater Tanks, the fact is that the microbial quality of tank-collected rainwater is typically worse than regular urban tap water, and not to mention, the chemical quality of rainwater can be negatively impacted for those living near heavy industry or in areas with heavy traffic emissions. For example, rainwater samples in Port Pirie, South Australia, (which has one of the world’s largest lead smelters), have been found to contain levels of lead that exceed Australian Drinking Water Guidelines by up to ten times! Even bushfire can contaminate rainwater! And that’s not to mention the microbiologically sickening soup of bacteria, viruses parasites that inevitably make their way into your tank from disease-spreading insects such as mosquitoes, the excrement and decaying carcasses of frogs, snakes, rodents, and possums that commonly live in and around tanks, and the droppings from bats and birds flying overhead! Also consider that bacteria tend to proliferate in moist and warm environments, meaning that warmer weather, in particular, has the tendency to turn your tank into a putrified bacterial breeding ground. Thus, whilst rainwater may smell odourless, taste great, and look clean and clear to the naked eye, with the human senses alone, you simply cannot tell what potentially harmful microscopic contaminants could be lurking in your tank water (even after filtering the water with carbon) – and you certainly don’t want to be drinking it!
Bore water will always require filtration, as whilst you would think it is “naturally purified” to some extent as the water seeps through the aquifer via various layers of bedrock, this water is highly susceptible to contamination by bacteria, viruses, parasites (see: Brain-Eating Parasites), sewerage (think human excrement, cleaning and bathing products), chemicals, fertilisers, pesticides, minerals, heavy metals (such as lead, zinc, chromium, copper, cadmium, arsenic and nickel), and sometimes even radioactive elements (such as uranium) from both natural sources and human activity. As with rain water treatment, the most cost-effective solution is typically to use 5 Micron Carbon Filtration in combination with UV Sterilisation to ensure 99.9% eradication of all parasites, bacteria, viruses. However, this system is not always a "total fix", as bore water chemistry is incredibly complex, and sometimes may not even be treatable. Yet another common misconception we often encounter is that carbon can filter out anything and everything – but unfortunately, carbon doesn’t kill bacteria or remove minerals, salts and other such dissolved inorganic substances!
Therefore, we STRONGLY recommend that you get your bore water tested to determine if there are any underlying issues in the water chemistry of your bore, before you make any purchases or try to filter it. If you have not had your water tested yet and would like to get this done, please contact us to have your bore water analysed.
Customise your filter system set up to suit your unique needs. See below a breakdown of which filters to choose, and why.
SED - Sediment Only
Raw water is prone to sediment such as sand, dirt, silt, clay, sticks, rocks, leaves and other small particles that can make their way into your tank. Choose from a pleated (washable) or poly spun (disposable) filter. 5 Micron or 20 micron rating.
CTO - 5 Micron Chlorine Taste & Odour Reduction (Standard chemical reduction for those who occasionally draw from mains water)
From time to time you may have to draw from a municipal water source, in which case Chlorine is generally the biggest concern due to the smell, taste, or potential health effects. Whilst Chlorine is effective at sanitising bacteria and viruses, Volative Organic Compounds and Disinfection By-Products such as Trihalomethane (THM) and Chloroform can form when chlorine reacts with oxygen and other chemicals in solution. The Chlorine, Taste, and Odour cartridge will provide you with clean, great-tasting water free from nasty chemicals and remove or reduce any chemical smells in the water caused by free chlorine.
CRC - 0.5 Micron Chloramine Reduction Composite (Maximum chemical reduction for those who occasionally draw from mains water)
Chloramine is fast becoming the most important topic when it comes to municipal mains water. Free chlorine has long been the choice of water companies and councils until the use of Monochloramine has yielded significant improvements to expenditure for water sanitation. Unfortunately for the consumer, chloramine poses several health and aesthetic effects from skin & respiratory issues to heavy metal leaching (from old plumbing). Aesthetically, monochloramine gives a strong chemical smell in the water, and when mixed with the fluoride additive in water can also increase the corrosive properties that have been known to dissolve copper and lead from plumbing.
This cartridge is designed to combat Chloramine and VOCs in 3 different ways; firstly, the Pre-Filter absorbs the majority of the VOCs and other organics that are already present in the water which helps protect the catalytic carbon (stage 2). The Chloramine filter then is able to remove Chloramine to its maximum efficiency, without loading up full or organics, shortening its life. As water passes through the Chloramine filter, the Chloramine reacts with the surface and neutralises the molecule, producing other compounds that are then absorbed by the carbon. To reduce the residual levels in the water, a UV system is used to clean up any residuals that make it through the filter including Chloramine, Chlorine, VOC’s such as THM’s and other DBP’s, ensuring that you have the best reduction of all chemicals in the water.
LPD - Low-Pressure Drop (For those who have water pressure issues) *THIS FILTER MUST BE USED IN CONJUNCTION WITH A 5 MICRON PRE-FILTER*.
Low water pressure is often referred to as the ‘bane’ of water filtration. Most filtration systems require minimum working pressures exceeding 350kPa to ensure the system functions correctly and won't affect the flow of water pressure to the house. However, many off-grid systems rely on an external pump system and subsequently struggle with low water pressure. The 20uM Low-Pressure Drop Carbon is these conditions. It has been specially manufactured to have a very low density to allow free-flowing water without compromising on chlorine removal. This is achieved by using a special blend of high iodine coconut carbon with a hydrophilic nature which allows the carbon to have a smaller required contact time to remove the same levels of chlorine as its counterparts. Carbon is also required in some tank water applications to remove organic smells or tastes in the water. NOTE: This filter needs to be used in conjunction with a 5 Micron Pre-Filter.
LRC - Lead Reduction Composite (For those with heavy metal concerns)
Rainwater can play havoc on the internal plumbing and fixtures within your home due to its acidic pH and corrosive nature. This corrosive water will begin to attack everything it can find, including your old plumbing pipes, copper, and even brass fixtures that may contain traces of lead.
This cartridge is perfectly suited to remove trace heavy metals that may be present in the water. Heavy metals can be present in the water due to several factors and should be removed before they enter the house.
BCC - Bacteriostatic Carbon (Silver Carbon)
When filtering rainwater or other untreated water supplies, bacterial loading & contamination are big issues that can affect the performance and lifespan of your filter cartridges. Silver Coconut Carbon, formally referred to as Bacteriostatic Coconut Carbon is the number one choice. The silver-impregnated carbon media helps prevent bacteria from colonising within your carbon filter cartridge which may prematurely block your filters. This will not only create potential foul tastes & smells but also cost hundreds of dollars more to replace cartridges too frequently. Our Pure BCC cartridges are designed specifically for tank water filtration to provide longer life and also incorporate anti-bacterial properties to fight bacteria.
SMC - Surface Modification (Tannin Reduction)
Surface Modification Carbon uses a unique blend of highly reactive catalytic coconut carbon with the highest performance reduction technology. SMC filters are the best type of cartridges to remove colours in the water, including most tannins. They are commonly referred to as ‘Tannin Removal Filters’.
UV System Maintenence Notes:
Replacement Parts for the HPF-UV System:
- H7-90-Lamp - 48W High Output UV Lamp, 4 Pin 436mm length
- H7-90-Thimble - Quartz Thimble 470mm length, 23mm outer diameter
- GT7-2NSF-OR - 2x O-Rings 23mm outer diameter
- H7-90-PS - Certified Ballast 42-105W Australian Plug + Earthing Cable
WaterMark Certified Whole House Water Filter
This Water Filter System is certified to WaterMark Standards AS/NZS 3497 under Certificate Number 23247.
WaterMark Certification is the level of certification required by law for a licensed plumber in Australia to install a water filter system. All products used under this certification will give you peace of mind, knowing that your water filter complies with Australian plumbing codes.
Our WaterMark Certified filter systems are hand-assembled here in Australia and are randomly batch tested to ensure top quality and workmanship for your water filtration products.
- Product Description: High Performance | Weatherproof Twin Filter + UV Whole House Water Sanitation System
- Part Number: HPF-UV
- Dimensions H/W/D (cm): 87/61/22
- Operating Pressure: 20 psi (140 kPa) - 70 psi (500 kPa)
- Operating Temperature: 1°C - 50°C (protect from freezing temperatures)
- Watermark Certified: Yes under Certificate No. 23247
- Connection Type:
- Inlet: 1" BSP Female
- Outlet: 1" BSP Male OR 3/4" BSP Female
- UV System
- Dosage + Flow Rates
- 40mJ/cm² @ 75L/Min
- 30mJ/cm² @ 105L/Min
- Earthing: Before operating this unit, it must be earthed. Simply attach the supplied earthing cable connected to the chamber to an earthing rod.
- UV systems are not designed to be turned on and off. Doing this may shorten your lamp life. Lamps should be changed every year. The lamp may still be working, but after 1 year, the power may not be able to kill all bacteria. The Quartz thimble should be replaced every 2 years. If hardness is high it is recommended to service and clean the UV thimble every 6 months or as required to remove and scale that may build up.
- Replacement Parts:
- Dosage + Flow Rates
- Cartridge Size: 20" x 4.5" (Extra Large)
- Cartridge Life: 6-12 Months depending on inlet water quality.
- Pre-Treatment Specs
- Hardness < 120 mg/L
- Turbidity < 1.0 NTU
- Iron < 0.3 mg/L
- Manganese < 0.05 mg/L
- Tannins < 0.1 mg/L
- Filtration < 5uM Particulate Filtration
- If your water quality parameters do not meet these criteria, please contact us for pre-treatment recommendations.
Due to the nature of the products we sell, a strict return policy is in place. We work with food grade certified materials that must be un-opened and un-used as to be able to be re-sold.
You may receive a refund or credit of equal amount, less the restocking fee if applicable and any other deductions that are relevant.
- Wrongly purchased items may be returned for a merchandise credit, this applies for but not limited to: Wrong size, wrong system etc.
- 30 Day return Policy: Returns will not be accepted without prior approval or after 30 days of invoice date.
- All returns will incur a 17.5% restocking fee or cost to send the item to you whichever greater. FSA may use discretion to determine the restocking fee.
- Any damages (minor, that can be repaired) will incur a fee which will be deducted from the total refund which will be equal to the cost of the replacement
parts (List Price) and labour charge (if applicable) to repair the system(s). This will be separate to the restocking fee.
- Any damage considered to be major and not feasible for repair may be refused and the return request will be void. The customer will be responsible for the return freight or disposal of the damaged unit.
- Return shipping is to be paid by the buyer to the address provided. It is recommended that the customer applies transit warranty to the return freight in case of damage.
- Any damages to the system that were not reported to FSA within 48 business hours of receipted delivery are not covered under our transit warranty.
- Should the item appear faulty or doesn’t work how described, the unit/item must be returned for testing (if requested), the return postage paid by the buyer. If the unit/item is deemed to be faulty, compensation will be provided for the postage cost (Proof of cost required). If the unit/item is deemed to be in working order and as described, the buyer will responsible for return postage.
If you have any questions about our return policy, please contact us before purchase. This will also help to ensure you purchase the correct product that suits your requirements.