Maximum Chemical Reduction Twin Undersink Chloramine Water Filter for Mains Water | Watermark Certified (GT1-46WM)
- Perfect for Chlorinated Town/Mains Water
- Maximum Chemical Reduction of BOTH Chlorine and Chloramine
- Dual Carbon for Better Tasting Water & Longer Filter Life
Maximum Chemical Reduction Twin Undersink Chloramine Water Filter for Mains Water | Watermark Certified (1-46WM)
- Get hydrated and save money - enjoy drinking purer, sweet-tasting water on tap and say goodbye to buying bottled water!
- Remove harmful and foul-tasting municipal water disinfection chemicals and by-products such as chlorine and chloramine, and toxins such as disinfection by-products, volatile organic compounds, trihalomethanes, pesticides and herbicides.
What makes this system so good for achieving the MAXIMUM CHEMICAL REDUCTION on mains water?
About the 20 Micron Low-Pressure Drop Coconut Carbon (For Effective Carbon Filtration Without Compromising Water Pressure)
- Low-Pressure Drop Carbon is the ideal Pre-Filter for use alongside finer micron-rated carbons for optimal filtration and to help extend the life of your more specialised carbon blocks, whilst maintaining good pressure.
Low water pressure is often referred to as the ‘bane’ of water filtration, however, the 20uM Low-Pressure Drop Carbon has been specially manufactured to have a very low density to allow free-flowing water without compromising on chlorine removal. This is achieved by using a special blend of hydrophilic coconut carbon, which allows the carbon to have less contact time whilst removing comparable levels of chlorine and other chemicals as other coconut carbon filters of this size.
About the 0.5 Micron Chloramine Reduction Composite Coconut Carbon (Reduces BOTH Chlorine and Chloramines For Maximum Chemical Reduction on Mains Water)
- The Composite Catalytic Coconut Carbon-based Chloramine Reduction Cartridge is like activated carbon on steroids! This unique and highly effective media filters out more disinfection chemicals, disinfection by-products, Volatile Organic Compounds, Trihalomethanes, Herbicides, Pesticide, chemicals/contaminants, chlorine taste and odour than standard carbon alone (of which standard activated carbon is not very effective at removing chloramine).
- Ideal for use after the 20 Micron Low Pressure Drop Carbon Cartridge (see above) for Maximum Chemical Reduction on mains-treated water.
Boasting a 0.5uM nominal rating, our 0.5 Micron Chloramine Reduction Carbon Block filter has a huge, highly reactive surface area of Composite Catalytic Carbon designed to denature and neutralise chloramine with minimal contact time. As water passes through the chloramine filter, Chloramine and other chemicals react with the carbon block surface, producing denatured compounds that are then re-absorbed by the carbon - essentially neutralising the Chloramine and Chlorine molecules.
Why remove Chloramine? Chloramine is fast becoming the most important topic when it comes to mains water. Free chlorine has long been the choice for cheap and long-lasting municipal water disinfection, and it can be easily removed from water with minimal contact time. However, the addition of monochloramine gas (NH2CL - an inorganic molecule composed of chlorine-bonded ammonia) is becoming more and more common as a secondary disinfection agent that provides longer-lasting disinfection than chlorine alone. Aesthetically, monochloramine gives off a strong chemical/ammonia smell in the water. Whilst monochloramine is noted to produce lower (but still present) levels of chlorocarbons and carbon tetrachloride levels as compared to chlorine, unfortunately for the consumer, it can pose many health and aesthetic effects - from skin sensitivities & respiratory issues to heavy metal leaching. Especially when mixed with fluoride (another common municipal additive), chloramine can dissolve copper and lead, thus increasing pipe corrosion and the leaching of heavy metals. You may have seen this in action, as this is a common cause of blue/green staining in and around pipes, especially in areas with older infrastructure. Yes, it may kill pathogens in the water - but do you really want to be drinking it? Our answer is: probably not!
- GT1-22W - Twin Water Filter System with 1/4" Ports
- GT4-6LPD - Low Pressure Drop Carbon Block
- GT4-6CRC - Chloramine Reduction Carbon Block
- GT17-0S - Plastic Opening Spanner
- GT14-14S - Inlet Tee Valve
- GT20-16GW - 2 Metres 1/4" Tubing (White)
- GT9-2S - Modern Faucet
- GT10-23LS - 1/4" Elbow Fittings
- GT18-13 - 500 kPa WaterMark Certified Pressure Limiting Valve
- Comprehensive Instructions
- 1 x Roll Thread Tape
As a rule, it is difficult to find 100% coconut carbon filters. Most lower priced filters on the market are a blend of coconut carbon and coal-based carbon. The problem with coal-based carbon is that it has a shorter life and often results in a less palatable flavour. We, therefore, use 100% coconut carbon filters in all of our pre-assembled kits. They are top of the range HIGH-QUALITY coconut carbon block filters, ideal for taste and odour issues, and perfect for total extraction of town water chemicals.
The perfect carbon block filter is made from 100% Coconut Shell Carbon, which creates what many believe to be the sweetest tasting water. The unique pore structure of this carbon is well suited for chemical absorption, including VOCs, while reducing chlorine and chemicals that contribute to taste and odour. Coconut Carbon filtration is the best form of filtration for chemical extraction due to the longer and more thorough contact time the water has with the carbon, which in turn provides an extremely comprehensive method of chemical removal. We HIGHLY recommend this method of filtration for chemical taste and odour extraction.
INSTALLATION - Please note this system is WaterMark Certified to Australian plumbing standards (AS/NZS 3497), and will need to be installed by a licensed plumber. Simply order online with free shipping to your home, and once it arrives any local licensed plumber will be able to do the installation (the system also comes with instructions)!
Full Australian WaterMark Certification
This Water Filtration System is certified to WaterMark Standards AS/NZS 3497 Under the Certificate number 23247. WaterMark is the standard that is required by law for a qualified plumber in Australia to install any item on municipal town water. All products used under this certification will give you peace of mind knowing that your water filter complies with Australian plumbing codes.
Our WaterMark filtration systems are hand assembled here in Australia and are batch tested to ensure quality and workmanship for your filtration products.
Entry Tee Compliant to NSF/ANSI 61
Gone are the days of struggling to get the right amount of thread tape onto your fittings (such as the feed water block and brass ball valve). Now, thanks to this handy combination fitting, it's simply a matter of interrupting your cold-water line with this tee and plugging in the 1/4" tubing to the filtration system.
The other benefit of this fitting is that by having the built-in isolation switch you can easily turn the water on and off for cartridge changes.
Please see the Recommended Filter Replacement Schedule and link to the replacement filters:
Stage 1 Filter - Chlorine Taste & Odour Removal Capacity
|30,000L @ 3.78 L/Min||
2.5 psid @ 3.78 L/Min
Stage 2 Filter - Chlorine T&O + Chloramine Removal
|95,000L @ 3.78 L/Min||4.0 psid @ 3.78 L/Min|
|3,800L @ 2.00 L/Min (Chloramine)|
Due to the nature of the products we sell, a strict return policy is in place. We work with food grade certified materials that must be un-opened and un-used as to be able to be re-sold.
You may receive a refund or credit of equal amount, less the restocking fee if applicable and any other deductions that are relevant.
- Wrongly purchased items may be returned for a merchandise credit, this applies for but not limited to: Wrong size, wrong system etc.
- 30 Day return Policy: Returns will not be accepted without prior approval or after 30 days of invoice date.
- All returns will incur a 17.5% restocking fee or cost to send the item to you whichever greater. FSA may use discretion to determine the restocking fee.
- Any damages (minor, that can be repaired) will incur a fee which will be deducted from the total refund which will be equal to the cost of the replacement
parts (List Price) and labour charge (if applicable) to repair the system(s). This will be separate to the restocking fee.
- Any damage considered to be major and not feasible for repair may be refused and the return request will be void. The customer will be responsible for the return freight or disposal of the damaged unit.
- Return shipping is to be paid by the buyer to the address provided. It is recommended that the customer applies transit warranty to the return freight in case of damage.
- Any damages to the system that were not reported to FSA within 48 business hours of receipted delivery are not covered under our transit warranty.
- Should the item appear faulty or doesn’t work how described, the unit/item must be returned for testing (if requested), the return postage paid by the buyer. If the unit/item is deemed to be faulty, compensation will be provided for the postage cost (Proof of cost required). If the unit/item is deemed to be in working order and as described, the buyer will responsible for return postage.
If you have any questions about our return policy, please contact us before purchase. This will also help to ensure you purchase the correct product that suits your requirements.
Can I install my Water Filter on my own or do I need a Plumber?
For quality assurance and Insurance reasons, we always recommend using a licenced plumber who is familiar with water filtration. This ensures that the installation runs smoothly and is professional. If you fancy yourself reasonable at DIY type projects, we provide you with all the necessary components and instructions you need to conduct the installation yourself. Our technical support team are contactable during business hours on 1300 888 008 should you have any queries about installation.
Will Undersink Water Filters Remove Fluoride?
Standard Undersink filters will not remove fluoride from the water, we recommend using reverse osmosis as it is the safest, and most effective way of removing Fluoride from the water. There are proclaimed Fluoride Removal Cartridges on the market however they use a material called Activated Alumina which will remove Fluoride up to approx. 80% while the filter is new, but will then rapidly depreciate to the point where it is no longer effective. The other down side to the Activated Alumina cartridges is, they have a tendency to leach heavy metals into the water when the filter ages. If you do not keep a strict routine for filter replacement, it may be introducing dangerous heavy metals into your drinking water.
What are Undersink filters for?
There are a few different models of Undersink filter that each have their own specific purpose. The most common model of Undersink filter you will come across is a Sediment + Coconut Carbon configuration. As the name suggests, they have a dual action, the first filter will remove dirt/particles and sediment, while the Coconut Carbon filter absorbs chemicals from the water such as Chlorine.
Some systems elect to use a Dual Coconut Carbon Set up to double the contact time with the water. As we know that carbon efficiency is majorly to do with Contact Time adding more carbon to a system can greatly increase its ability to remove hazardous chemicals, Tannins, Tastes and odours.
Can an Undersink Water Filter remove Chloramine?
Chloramine Injection has recently been introduced into many council regions over Australia, including on the Gold Coast where FSA is based. Chloramine presents a number of issues in regards to drinking water including but not limited to; dissolving of heavy metals such as lead into the water, release of ammonia gas and adverse skin reactions. As previously mentioned, the more carbon the better. Chloramine is very hard to remove by normal means and it is removed in 2 staged. The first carbon filter acts to break open the Chloramine which in turn, releases the other various residual gasses into the water, the second carbon can then easily extract and absorb all remaining residuals, effectively removing the dangerous Chloramine from your drinking water.
How often should I change the filter cartridges?
Undersink Water Filter Cartridges should be changed anywhere between 6-12 months. You will usually notice a distinct change in taste of the water if you have the filters in too long. This signifies that the Coconut Carbon Cartridge is no longer working to its full capacity and is beginning to allow residual amounts of chemicals through into your drinking water. As a rule, you should not leave your filters in for longer than 12 months regardless if you are on town OR rain water.
What is filter protection equipment, and do I need to use it?
Filter Protection Equipment is an important part of water filtration. Our products are sourced from experienced and reliable manufacturers and also carry the highest level of certification in the water filtration industry. Regardless of Brand, Make, Model or Country of manufacture, water filtration will ALWAYS be the weakest point in your plumbing. The three main causes of water filtration failure are; Overnight pressure surges, Intense Water Hammer Pressure Impacts, and thermal expansion. All of which can be addressed and prevented with a few simple pieces of equipment. A Pressure Limiting Valve is used to buffer the incoming pressure to the Australian Regulation Pressure of 500kPA. This is the minimum requirement for most insurance and warranty validation and is essential when used on Town mains / municipal water. A Water Hammer Arrestor is a copper tube looking device which is commonly found in the laundry (If you have one). It acts to absorb and dissipate pressure spikes in your water lines. Pressure spikes occur from appliances such as the washing machine or dishwasher and can magnify the water pressure tenfold which can cause serious damage to water filtration components. Water hammer gets the name by the distinct sound you hear when the shockwaves rattle loose copper pipes or worn out valves. This is something that is essential to be addressed immediately before installing water filtration. A Pressure Relief Valve is as it sounds. It is pre-set to open once the pressure reaches 110PSI, shooting that pressure/water down the drain line and easing the pressure in your water filter. This is a requirement if you intend to hook up your water filter to a fridge, chiller or ice maker. They are also a good idea to help relieve residual pressure from pressure surges (even if you have a PLV + water hammer arrestor).