75GPD Aquarium Reverse Osmosis Filter System | 0 TDS
Portable Reverse Osmosis De-Ionised Water Filter System
The GT1-70DI75 is a Portable RO DI system is great for those looking for deionised “0 TDS” water. Weather you are looking to produce water for your aquarium or even lab grade water this is the system for you. No equipment is more effective in creating the ideal water conditions than a Reverse osmosis (RO) system
Ion exchange technology takes the water quality to a significantly higher level than RO alone. It is an excellent selection for reef enthusiasts and other serious aquarists, especially those who live in areas with exceptionally high levels of minerals, salts and phosphates in their tap water. Our unit includes: Carbon pre-filter and a 75 GPD RO membrane, Deionisation (DI) post-filters. The post deioniser takes the small percentage of contaminants that the membrane could not remove and filters this to greater than 99.99% purity. It will provide you with a TDS of zero.
Yes, there are cheaper systems on the market to produce DI quality water for your aquarium. However when you look closely at these systems you will note the following.
- Small DI canisters which hold very little DI resin, Di resin expires fairly quickly particularly on high TDS water like Perth, Adelaide and Brisbane. The higher the TDS the higher the residual percentage of TDS left by the RO. The purpose of the DI filter is to polish the water to pick up any residual TDS (salts) left after the RO membrane.
- The higher the residual, the harder the DI works, and quicker it expires.
- Our system holds 350gm of nuclear grade Tulsion resin the best in the world. Most other system are only offering less than 200 grams.
- Compact Design - Minimise Space for Both Use and Storage
- Completely Pre-Assembled
- Plug And Play - Connects Straight to any standard Kitchen Tap (22-24mm)
- Includes Male Thread adaptor
- Low Waste Water - Averaging 1:1 on average municipal water quality & Pressure)
- Instructions Included
- Deionised “ 0 TDS” Ultra pure water
- Pure Water, Removes all the garbage including: Fluoride, Heavy Metals, Chlorine, Chloramines & VOC's, Hardness & Inorganic Mineral Contamination
- Produces approx 280L/Day (Per 24hr)
Our Thoughts On Fluoride
Fluoride is a hot topic all across Australia and the entire world. Unfortunately, whether or not you agree or disagree with the Fluoridation of Drinking Water, it is there!
Reverse Osmosis Water Filtration is the safest and most effective solution to remove Fluoride from your drinking water. Fluoride is a proven neurotoxin shown in countless credible studies in the US. The claimed dental health benefits are irrelevant compared to the known and proven correlation between fluoridated water and Chronic Disease.
Reverse Osmosis water filtration is able to remove Fluoride from the water as it is a Mineral Salt. Mineral salts will pass straight through standard filtration however the 0.0001 Micron RO membranes are able to remove Fluoride along with other impurities in the water.
- Inline Coconut Carbon Filter 5uM
- Inline Tulsion Mixed Bed Resin DI Post Filter
- 75 GPD Asprinn Membrane
- Inlet 22-24mm diverter valve
- Instruction Manual
- Tubing, Clamps & Fittings (Pre-Assembled as per photo)
pH: 6.5-6.98, please note that you will need a highly accurate pH probe that can be calibrated to test this water as it has no TDS. You cannot use pH test strips
Drain Flow: 11-12L/Hour
Dry - 1.5Kg
System Dimensions (Approx)
Height: 10cm Width: 35cm Length: 25cm
NOTE: The diverter valve supplied with this unit suits MOST common standard kitchen taps. If you have a tap with a thread that does not measure 22mm - 24mm the standard diverter valve will not be compatible.
HOWEVER, if this is the case we have an alternate fitting we can supply you which allows it to be connected to an outdoor 3/4" thread OR the Laundry water inlet (3/4") this is usually the most preferred method of using this system. PLEASE ensure that you have checked your thread before ordering, if you require the 3/4" fitting, please use the check boxes in the listing to select which fitting you require
Stage 1: GAC Inline Carbon Cartridge – replace every 6 months
This 5 micron inline carbon filter acts to protect the stage two membrane. It will remove the vast quantity of any taste odour or chemicals in the water and help to prolong the life of the membrane.
Stage 2: Asprinn 75GPD RO Membrane (FilmTec Material) - replace every 1 – 4 years
Removes 98% of impurities including organic and inorganic, chemicals. The membrane, is the "engine room" of the reverse osmosis filtration system. All the work is done here, so all the filters before the membrane are primarily there to protect the engine. This membrane will produce up to 75GPD (280L/24hr) of clear pure water @ 70psi within the working feed water quality requirements.
Stage 3: Inline Post RO Deionising Filter GT6-22– replace every 12 months* or if TDS is creeping sooner
DI Resin Inline filter for total extraction of minerals. Tulsion Mixed Bed De-Ionising Resin MB-115, the most effect de-ionising resin in the world
Feed Water Conditions*
- Pressure: 50 - 100 psi
- TDS: <1,000 mg/L
- Hardness: <250mg/L
- Iron: <0.02
- Manganese: <0.01
- Temperature: 1°C - 26°C
- Flow Rate (Inlet): 1L/Min
Outlet Flow Rate (Approx): 0.19L/Min (11.66L/Hr)
Inorganic Organic Rejection Aluminum 98% Adrazin Over 98% Arsenic 98% Aldrin Over 98% Benzene Over 98% Barium 95% Chlorine Over 98% Cadmium 95% Chloroform Over 98% Calcium 98% DOT Over 98% Chloride 95% Dichlormethane Over 98% Chromium VI 98% Endrin Over 98% Copper 98% Fluoranthene Over 98% Fluoride 99.9% Herbicides Over 98% Iron 98% Lindane Over 98% Lead 98% Methoxychlor Over 98% Magnesium 98% PCB Over 98% Manganese 98% Pesticides Over 98% Mercury II 85% Perchlorethylene Over 98% Nitrate 90% Phenole Over 98% Potassium 95% Tannic Acids Over 98% Selenium IV 95% Toxaphene Over 98% Silver 98% Trichlorethlene Over 98% Sodium 95% Trihalomethanes Over 98% Strontium 98% V.O.C.'s Over 98% Sulphate 98% Total Dissolved Solids 95% Zinc 98%
Due to the nature of the products we sell, a strict return policy is in place. We work with food grade certified materials that must be un-opened and un-used as to be able to be re-sold.
You may receive a refund or credit of equal amount, less the restocking fee if applicable and any other deductions that are relevant.
- Wrongly purchased items may be returned for a merchandise credit, this applies for but not limited to: Wrong size, wrong system etc.
- 30 Day return Policy: Returns will not be accepted without prior approval or after 30 days of invoice date.
- All returns will incur a 17.5% restocking fee or cost to send the item to you whichever greater. FSA may use discretion to determine the restocking fee.
- Any damages (minor, that can be repaired) will incur a fee which will be deducted from the total refund which will be equal to the cost of the replacement
parts (List Price) and labour charge (if applicable) to repair the system(s). This will be separate to the restocking fee.
- Any damage considered to be major and not feasible for repair may be refused and the return request will be void. The customer will be responsible for the return freight or disposal of the damaged unit.
- Return shipping is to be paid by the buyer to the address provided. It is recommended that the customer applies transit warranty to the return freight in case of damage.
- Any damages to the system that were not reported to FSA within 48 business hours of receipted delivery are not covered under our transit warranty.
- Should the item appear faulty or doesn’t work how described, the unit/item must be returned for testing (if requested), the return postage paid by the buyer. If the unit/item is deemed to be faulty, compensation will be provided for the postage cost (Proof of cost required). If the unit/item is deemed to be in working order and as described, the buyer will responsible for return postage.
If you have any questions about our return policy, please contact us before purchase. This will also help to ensure you purchase the correct product that suits your requirements.
What makes this a Portable Reverse Osmosis Water Filter?
The most common form of Reverse Osmosis Water Filters is an Undersink Style, where the system is physically “Plumbed-In” under the sink in a permanent way. Our Portable RO Water Filters are designed to work off your kitchen tap using a diverter valve. This gives you the ability to take the system everywhere you go and can be easily and quickly installed on most standard kitchen taps.
How will I know if the system will connect to My Kitchen Tap?
Commonly, all kitchen taps use the same or similar type connections where the aerator goes (the mesh fitting that aerates the water when it comes out). There are some taps on the market that are a slim design and have small threads which unfortunately are not compatible. If your tap (thread where the aerator is) measures 22-24mm in diameter it will fit the standard diverter valve.
What if the system does NOT fit my Kitchen Tap?
There are alternatives you can use if this is the case. We have a range of fittings that suit different applications. You can use this system in the laundry on the ¾” washing machine inlet by using the Laundry Block Adaptor, this allows you to use your washing machine, and also the filter at the same time, diverting some of the water through the filter system. We also have a brass fitting that attaches to all standard ¾” Garden/Outdoor taps.
Is there a downside to using a portable system over the more common Undersink Variety of Reverse Osmosis Water Filters?
The only downside you will face is the flow rate or On Demand Capacity of the system. Reverse osmosis produces water at a rate of approx. 8-10L per Hour, which equates to a slow dribble of water. This is because the Reverse Osmosis Membrane has a micron rating of 0.0001 Microns, small enough to strip out all of the impurities in the water, including Fluoride. This is why the Undersink models contain a storage tank so you can collect water straight away from the tap on the sink. The Portable systems can be used to fill drinking water containers or dispensers as required.
Can I convert a Portable Reverse Osmosis Water Filter into an Undersink Filter?
Technically, yes. It is possible to do so however, there are several components that go into the Undersink models to convert it into a Plumbed in Automatic System. By the time you have purchased all of the necessary equipment, you will find it is cheaper to buy a brand new Undersink RO system.
How often do I need to change the filters?
As a general rule with Portable RO systems, the first filter (Or pre-Filter) should be replaced strictly every 6 months. This is highly recommended to help prolong the life of the more expensive and important Reverse Osmosis Membrane. If a pre filter is left on for too long, as the efficiency of chemical reduction is reduced, it may begin to let through residual traces of Chlorine through to the membrane. The Reverse Osmosis membrane is susceptible to damage from any number of chemicals that it comes into contact with, thus would begin to deteriorate more rapidly, potentially causing you to replace your membrane prematurely.
Will Reverse Osmosis remove 100% of Fluoride?
Reverse Osmosis filters can vary anywhere between 95% - 98% of effective removal of Fluoride. So technically speaking, Reverse Osmosis alone will not remove 100% of Fluoride from the water. In saying this, we can put this into perspective. The rough amount of Fluoride in municipal water can equate to 1L in an Olympic Sized Swimming Pool. If you then remove 98% of this, it then becomes 20mL per Olympic swimming pool. If you were to get the finished water analysed professionally by a NATA approved Laboratory, their instruments would not even be able to detect fluoride. So technically speaking, it won’t remove 100%, but the residual left over is beyond negligible. If, however, you want fluoride completely 100% removed, you can simply add a De-Ionising Resin Filter to the system which would render the water 100% Pure.