7 Stage High Alkaline Magnesium & Hydrogen-Rich Undersink Reverse Osmosis Water Filter System (GT1-26-7)
- Enjoy the pure, sweet taste of clean mineralized water on tap!
- 98% Reduction of Common Tap Water Contaminants, Tastes & Odours such as Chlorine, Pesticides, Herbicides, Heavy Metals & Fluoride.
- Improve hydration, energy & muscle recovery with magnesium & potassium electrolytes.
- Stop buying bottled water & save money!
- Perfect for Chlorinated Town/Mains Water.
WaterMark Certified Reverse Osmosis System
This RO system is certified to WaterMark Standards AS/NZS 3497 under Certificate Number 23247. WaterMark certification is the level of certification required by law for a licensed plumber in Australia to install a water filtration system. All products used under this certification will give you peace of mind knowing that your water filter complies with Australian plumbing codes.
Our WaterMark Certified filter systems are hand assembled here in Australia and are randomly batch tested to ensure top quality and workmanship for your water filtration products. Do not trust products that do not have WaterMark Certification - they can be hazardous and may result in denied insurance claims due to Australia's Plumbing & Drainage Laws.
About the 7 Stage High Alkaline Magnesium & Hydrogen-Rich Undersink Reverse Osmosis Water Filter System
Our Original Xstream 7 Stage RO System has dominated the domestic water filtration market since its introduction in late 2011, where the water filtration technology remained unmatched until now. Our goal over the last 5 years was to make the BEST Water Filter money can buy EVEN BETTER!
The NEW High Alkaline Magnesium & Hydrogen-Rich 7 Stage RO System now comes with the Technologically Advanced T300 Hydrogen-Rich Alkalising Water Filter. This high-quality, FDA Certified Cartridge has multiple beneficial effects on Drinking Water. The Alkaline Media is derived from Sub-Nanometer Potassium, and pure Magnesium mineral, and provides superior High Alkaline stability, providing you with a longer and more stable pH reading over the filter life. The media is agglutinated under high temperatures which can withstand up to 250PSI, whilst its anomalous surface enables greater surface area contact for the maximum level of mineralization. The T300 Filter also has the unique ability to produce Hydrogen-Antioxidants through the Hydroxide-Alkaline pH acidity balance of the Magnesium & Potassium media dissolving into the water.
The Benefits of Molecular Hydrogen in Water
Hydrogen Rich water has been the topic of Discussion and Research in the US for several years which has come a long way. Molecular Hydrogen (H2) functions as an antioxidant that helps to prevent cell damage and inflammation, protect DNA and combat out-of-control cell growth. The issue with the H2O molecule is that the hydrogen element is not easily available to the body, as the hydrogen is bonded to the oxygen leaving no Free Hydrogen. The point of Hydrogen-Rich water is to provide Hydrogen that is easier for our cells to use. Hydrogen-Rich water is thus created through the following simple chemical reaction between water and Magnesium: Mg + 2H2O → Mg (OH)2 + H2. In many scientific studies, hydrogen-rich water has shown some amazing potential benefits:
- Clinical studies have shown that drinking Hydrogen-rich water increases antioxidant capacity which directly protects the mitochondria and helps improve mitochondrial disorders. Drinking hydrogen-rich water also stimulates energy metabolism as measured by oxygen consumption & CO2 production.
- Hydrogen-rich water has shown to improve antioxidant levels as a preventative strategy for Metabolic Syndrome, and improve lipid and glucose metabolism and reduce insulin resistance in Diabetes & Pre-diabetic patients through lowering LDL (Bad Cholesterol) levels.
- In a study, patients with rheumatoid arthritis, a chronic inflammatory disease, drank .5 L/day of hydrogen water for 4 weeks. By the end of the study, all patients with early rheumatoid arthritis achieved remission and 20% became symptom-free.
- During an experiment with young athletes, the consumption of Hydrogen Rich Water reduced lactic acid build-up during intense exercise and decreased muscular fatigue.
- Metabolic acidosis is a condition characterised by an increase in blood acidity, which can be exacerbated with exercise. A study in healthy physically active males found that a daily intake of hydrogen-rich water for 14 days increased the pH of the blood before and after exercise with no adverse side effects reported at 2000ml/ day. The study concluded that drinking hydrogen water is safe and may have an alkalising effect on the blood.
- The ability of molecular hydrogen to protect nuclear DNA and the mitochondria from oxidative damage is thought to have beneficial effects on chronic diseases like cancer and the ageing process. Further studies have shown that when human umbilical vein endothelial cells (HUVECs) were grown in a hydrogen-rich medium, both oxidative stress and cellular aging were suppressed. The study concluded that drinking hydrogen-rich water may increase longevity in humans.
- Molecular Hydrogen exhibits anti-inflammatory effects in many animal studies.
- In a study on mice with type 2 diabetes and obesity, hydrogen water significantly reduced fatty liver. It also reduced levels of glucose, insulin & triglycerides by stimulating energy metabolism.
- H2 treatment in mouse studies has shown to delay the replicative lifespan of bone marrow stem cells by reducing oxidative stress.
- Long-term drinking of hydrogen-rich water has also been shown to regulate body fat and weight in rats despite no change in food and water intake.
- Drinking hydrogen water prevented the development of Parkinson's disease in rats in this study. The hydrogen water reduced oxidative stress and prevented cognitive impairment associated with dementia and Parkinson's disease.
- Additionally, in a study on human patients with Parkinson’s disease, it was found that the intake of hydrogen water reduces neurotoxic damage, which agrees with previous studies on animals.
The Anti-Oxidant Benefits of a Negative Oxidation-Reduction Potential (ORP) in Water
Add this to the list of many reasons why our 7 Stage High Alkaline Magnesium & Hydrogen Rich Filter System is better than tap water! Water with a positive ORP value has an oxidizing effect, whereas water with a negative ORP value thus has an anti-oxidant effect. Thus, in addition to generating free hydrogen, the Hydrogen Rich cartridge has an anti-oxidant effect on water, as measured by its negative ORP value. Anti-oxidant-rich water with a negative ORP has the ability to donate electrons, which in turn can help to neutralize free radicals in the body!
Our Thoughts On Fluoride
Fluoride is a hot topic all across Australia and the entire world. Unfortunately, whether or not you agree or disagree with the Fluoridation of Drinking Water, it is there!
Reverse Osmosis Water Filtration is the safest and most effective solution to remove Fluoride from your drinking water. Fluoride is a proven neurotoxin, as shown in countless credible studies in the US. The claimed dental health benefits are irrelevant compared to the known and proven correlation between fluoridated water and Chronic Disease.
Reverse Osmosis water filtration is able to remove Fluoride from the water as it is a Mineral Salt. Mineral salts will pass straight through standard filtration however the 0.0001 Micron RO membranes are able to remove Fluoride along with other impurities in the water.
"Re-Mineralising - Alkalising - What Does It Mean?"
Reverse Osmosis water filtration comes with an ongoing debate in regards to the statements “RO water is "Too Pure" and “RO removes minerals that are beneficial to health"
Both of these statements are deceptive and to the everyday person sounds like fact, but please let us explain both of these statements.
The misconception is that water can be “too pure” has to do with the pH chemistry of water. Water that is “too pure” simply is water that contains little to no minerals and impurities. However, this can leave the water acidic which is not ideal for drinking.
The Solution? Using a post filter for Alkalising or Mineralising the water. This is where the word "valuable minerals" has crept into the selling of Reverse Osmosis filtration by sellers that are not equipped with the appropriate knowledge.
In fact, minerals are only valuable when they are IN our bodies, and the way they get there is through organic food intake - not inorganically. Water Filtration uses Inorganic methods, so any mention of "re-mineralizing" the water through water filtration is simply not a process that is benefiting our bodies at all. More of which will be explained later.
A study in the US (which cost manufacturers many millions of dollars) showed a massive increase in total dissolved solids (TDS) in patients’ urine, when drinking water with a pH of below 7 (i.e. acidic water).
The two main culprits for water having a pH of lower than 7 are:
1. Reverse Osmosis
2. Water Distillers for drinking water
Other substances causing a low pH are soft drinks and alcohol.
Once minerals are extracted from water, the chemistry of water adjusts violently to become acidic. This happens because the buffers in the water that generally act to prevent this adjustment have been removed.
An interesting fact is that rainwater that is near pure is also very acidic until it reaches the ground – once it reaches the ground it begins to dissolve minerals from the earth, which, in turn, balances the pH (the chemistry of the water).
Many very clean catchments such as rooftops and clean gutters, first flush diverters, and poly tanks are extremely good at keeping water clean - however, a trade-off for this is that the water could and most often does remain acidic.
If you have a dirty roof or a contaminated tank, the pH will rise and no longer be aggressive (acidic) but at a price – such as through other peripheral problems like the fermentation of organics, etc.
Back onto the topic at hand, it’s important that we take a stand and explain that there is no such thing as "valuable minerals" in drinking water unless they are ORGANIC, and organic materials are generally not used for correcting low pH water. Almost all (barring a couple of exotic and expensive alternatives) pH Neutralizing cartridges are made from inorganic material like rock (commonly known as mineral stones).
These inorganic materials release either calcium or magnesium into the water, however, these types of minerals are inorganic, not organic - so it's difficult for the body to absorb them or make any use of them at all.
So, in a nutshell, the words 'valuable minerals' are not relevant to post RO pH correction.
Filter Systems Australia does not deal in myths and magic. There are people selling all sorts of "living water products", with all sorts of mythical results, but consider this; the body needs hydration plain and simple. Now that is pure logic - not sales talk. The best form of hydration is clean, chemical-free and impurity-free H2O. Exactly as nature intended.
However, a downside to producing this sort of water is that stripping the water as we do, causes the water to become acidic again (back to its rainwater condition). So, what's needed at this point is a trade-off...
To produce non-acidic water we need to add back some mineral, this is where the misconception arises. These are non-organic minerals >>> therefore not valuable to your body's health, but valuable in the fact that it's achieving an alkaline pH - which is vital to your health.
With all of this said, we have once again taken things a step further by producing a system that ticks all the health boxes. You get High Alkaline Water, Hydrogen Rich Water, Chemical and Toxin Free, Fluoride Free, Great Tasting water.
- 7 Stage Hydrogen Rich RO Water Filter System
- 12L Certified Storage Tank (Butyl Bladder)
- 2m White Tubing
- 2m Black Tubing
- 2m Yellow Tubing
- 2m Blue Tubing
- Tube Cutter
- Thread Tape
- Opening Handle for Twin O-Ring Housings + Membrane Housing
- Drain Clamp
- WaterMark Certified Pressure Limiting Valve
- DM FIT Certified Self Locking Swivel Entry Tee (Water Inlet Valve)
- Certified Faucet Tap - Chrome Modern Goose Neck w/ QC Faucet Adaptor
- Fitting Kit
- Installation Manual + Schematic Diagram
Filter Stage Breakdown & Replacement Times
Stage 1: Polyspun Sediment Cartridge – Replace Every 6 Months
These economical "FSA" sediment cartridges are constructed from polypropylene which is spun and melted simultaneously. This technique means there is no centre core to restrict filter performance. The "FSA" series of sediment filters are compatible with most liquids and are highly effective for sediment, rust, sand, silt, and algae removal. FSA performance sediment filters have no chemical residuals. They are extremely high-performing, and carry a heavy load of sediment before requiring replacement. We choose to use these sediment filters over all other types due to the high performance, high flow rate, high load capacity, and inability to grow bacterial slime.
Stage 2: 100% Coconut Carbon Block Water Filter – Replace every 6 months
Many inexperienced sellers of RO systems offer a sediment filter in this position. This is a pure waste of money. These systems are primarily used on town water so after the sediment pre-filter, the most important filter should always be a Carbon Filter to protect the life of the membrane. The carbon block cartridge will remove any larger components but more importantly, will stop chemicals from reaching the membrane. This should then prolong your membrane life (the membrane is your most expensive and crucial component) for a life of up to 5 years (depending on location/water).
Stage 3: Asprin USA Made Reverse Osmosis Membrane – 1-4 Year Life
The RO membrane is the "engine room" of your R/O. All the crucial work is done here, so all the filters before the membrane are primarily there to protect the membrane. This membrane is a 0.0001-micron rating. It is classed by the manufacturer to be a U.S 50 gallon per day membrane (190 Litres).
Stage 4: T300 Hydrogen-Rich Water Filter High Alkaline – Replace every 12 Months (4,000L)
This Filter is the Ultimate Post RO filter on the market. It is one of the only alkalising filters in the world that can raise and retain a constant pH between 8.5 and 10.5* over a 12 Month Period and potentially longer. This unique cartridge is made up of pure Sub-nanometer minerals and contains Magnesium and Potassium to provide superior pH stability in the high alkaline range. This High Quality, FDA Certified Cartridge has multiple beneficial effects on Drinking Water.
This cartridge takes the place of our previous Xstream Alkaline cartridge.
Stage 5: Life Energy Ceramic (FAR Infrared) – Replace every 1-2 Years
This stage is truly delving into the health of the water; infrared beads are simply miraculous given that they don't even come into contact with the water. In keeping with Ultra-Violet Light, this filter has the ability to assist in the sanitising of the water with infrared emitting frequency balls through glass tubes. Just a few of the effects of the Stage 5 Infra-Red Rays on the body are:
- Activates the water molecules
- Improves oxygen levels in the body
- Warms and eliminates fats/ chemicals and toxins from the blood
- Accelerates blood flow Reduces acid levels in the body
- Improves Nervous system functionality
- Promotes the elimination of other wastes from our cells, therefore, reducing acidic levels
- Improved nervous system functionality, and
- Promotes the strengthening of the immune system.
Far Infra-Red Rays Ionise and activate water molecules in our cells and blood, therefore, improving our blood circulation and overall health. Water makes up 70% of the mass of the human body. FIR is able to activate, revitalise, reactivate, develop and strengthen various organs in our bodies when it is absorbed. In the various organs of the human body, the circulatory system plays an important role, especially in the micro-circulatory system. When there are problems with the micro-circulatory system, various ailments will occur. FIR vibrating at a frequency similar to that of the human body is able to penetrate the body, activate cells, and strengthen the micro-circulatory system. It regulates the blood flow and blood in blood vessels, which have been blocked due to blood clots, and at the same time reactivates the vital energy in the body. FIR also acts to prevent bacteria growth, relieve pain and speed the recovery process.
Stage 6: 100% Activated Coconut Carbon Filter – Replace every 12 Months
Extremely high-grade coconut carbon cartridge for maximum extraction of taste or odour issues. This is the same high-quality post carbon filter used in our Watermark Certified 4 Stage Reverse Osmosis System. It provides clean, crisp-tasting water. It also has a multitude of uses as an inline carbon filter.
Stage Seven: Magnetic Water Energizer (Never needs replacing)
We are the leaders in magnetic water treatment systems in Australia, exporting our magnetic Fluid Reactor systems to 8 countries around the world. Once again we have not promoted or actively been involved in the health industry because of our commitments to our core water treatment and filtration business. However, once again we have been encouraged to build and supply negative magnetic water treatment for human consumption and the evidence has been overwhelmingly positive. Magnetic energy is widely used in water treatment and we helped pioneer this technology in Australia. This inevitably led us to develop and supply a technology called negative defusing technology, meaning that when put in reverse it activates negative energy into drinking water. So many customers have benefited from this technology, reducing the symptoms of kidney stones and calcification of the arteries along with so many other advantages in drinking negatively charged water. It makes sense to add the Fluid Reactor magnetic system as the final stage of our 7 stage RO system.
INSTALLATION - Please note this system is WaterMark Certified to Australian plumbing standards (AS/NZS 3497), and will need to be installed by a licensed plumber. Simply order online with free shipping to your home, and once it arrives any local licensed plumber will be able to do the installation (the system also comes with instructions)!
How often should you change reverse osmosis water filters?
Filter Replacements & Maintenance Schedule
To maintain the optimum level of filtration year-round, and to ensure you get the maximum life out of your RO membrane (the engine room of this system), we strongly recommend a consistent filter maintenance schedule.
Pre-FiltersEvery 6 months you will need to change the pre-filters, which help protect and extend the life of the membrane. Some people neglect to keep up with the maintenance of the pre-filters, thinking that the RO membrane will take care of it! However, the RO membrane is the most delicate and expensive filter within any RO system, so it's worth protecting your investment!
The pre-filters thus serve the dual purpose of blocking sediment particles larger than 5 microns and removing chlorine, which both cause damage to the inside of the RO membrane in different ways:
- Sediment particles physically damage the fine internals, causing micro-tears that allow contaminants through to the "clean" side of the osmotic membrane, as well as blocking up the membrane which can cause the system to stop producing water and force an excessive amount of water to waste.
- Chlorine that has been dissolved in water creates corrosive hypochlorous and hydrochloric acids, which dissolve the delicate RO membrane (via a process called "ring chlorination" which disrupts the hydrogen bonding between the membrane's polymer matrix) and allows contaminants to pass through to the "clean side". Because this process occurs gradually over time, most people don't notice the taste of contamination until they change their membrane!
Reverse Osmosis Membranes*
Reverse Osmosis membranes filter down to an ultra-fine level of filtration - down to 0.0001 of a micron - which is the reason why RO membranes can filter out minerals, salts, and metals (unlike carbon). Because this level of filtration is so fine, RO membranes do eventually clog up over time. How long you will be able to get out of your RO membrane, depends on the consistency of your membrane pre-filter maintenance, along with the starting quality of your water.
Schematic diagram of the pores in a reverse osmosis membrane.
(Adapted from Geise, G.M., 2021, found in https://www.science.org/doi/10.1126/science.abe9741)
- HARD WATER (water that is full of salts and minerals) takes a bigger toll on RO membranes than water that is SOFT (water with a low Total Dissolved Solids rating).
- Western Australia, South Australia, the Northern Territory and Queensland tend to have hard water, along with those whose main source of water comes from a bore.
- Thus, whilst we have specified a recommended maintenance schedule (below), the quality of the water in the area you live, is ultimately what will determine how long you get out of your RO membrane.
- *If you are on hard water, at the 2-year mark, simply go for the FULL Replacement Pack (which includes an RO Membrane). Note - cases of extremely hard water may get less than 2 years out of an RO membrane.
These are all filters that go after the RO membrane to buffer the pH back up from an acidic state to an alkaline state, and "perfect" the water for final consumption. Over the course of a year, the diffusion of the alkalising minerals into the water will significantly diminish, whilst the carbon post-filter will eventually exhaust its capacity to adsorb residuals.
Please see the Recommended Filter Replacement Schedules (per the above) and links to the replacement filters:
HARD WATER - Recommended Filter Replacement Schedule*
- Every 6 Months - Reverse Osmosis Pre-Filter Replacement Pack
- Year 1 - Pre+Post Filters Pack 1- 7 Stage High Alkaline Water Filter Replacement Pack (GT1-11H)
- Year 2 - Pre, Post Filters + RO Membrane - 7 Stage High Alkaline Full Water Filter Replacement Pack 3 (GT1-11HFM)
MODERATE/SOFT WATER - Recommended Filter Replacement Schedule
- Every 6 Months - Reverse Osmosis Pre-Filter Replacement Pack
- Year 1 - Pre+Post Filters Pack 1- 7 Stage High Alkaline Water Filter Replacement Pack (GT1-11H)
- Year 2 - Pre+Post Filters Pack 2- 7 Stage High Alkaline Water Filter Replacement Pack (GT1-11HFIR)
- Year 3 - Pre+Post Filters Pack 1- 7 Stage High Alkaline Water Filter Replacement Pack (GT1-11H)
- Year 4 - Pre, Post Filters + RO Membrane - 7 Stage High Alkaline Full Water Filter Replacement Pack 3 (GT1-11HFM)
Width: 37 cm
NOTE: If height is a problem, you can detach the top 3 filters and place beside the system – this will reduce the total height to 39.5cm
Storage Tank Dimensions:
Tank Height:(with stand) 41cm
Tank Height: (without stand) 38.5 cm
Tank Width: 27 cm
Inorganic Organic Rejection Aluminum 98% Adrazin Over 98% Arsenic 98% Aldrin Over 98% Benzene Over 98% Barium 95% Chlorine Over 98% Cadmium 95% Chloroform Over 98% Calcium 98% DOT Over 98% Chloride 95% Dichlormethane Over 98% Chromium VI 98% Endrin Over 98% Copper 98% Fluoranthene Over 98% Fluoride 99.9% Herbicides Over 98% Iron 98% Lindane Over 98% Lead 98% Methoxychlor Over 98% Magnesium 98% PCB Over 98% Manganese 98% Pesticides Over 98% Mercury II 85% Perchlorethylene Over 98% Nitrate 90% Phenole Over 98% Potassium 95% Tannic Acids Over 98% Selenium IV 95% Toxaphene Over 98% Silver 98% Trichlorethlene Over 98% Sodium 95% Trihalomethanes Over 98% Strontium 98% V.O.C.'s Over 98% Sulphate 98% Total Dissolved Solids 95% Zinc 98%
The Faucet tap supplied standard with this kit is compliant to NSF/ANSI 61, lead-free Goose Neck tap with a Chrome Bat Tap Handle. Please note, style may slightly vary over the base of faucet compared to main photo.
Due to the nature of the products we sell, a strict return policy is in place. We work with food grade certified materials that must be un-opened and un-used as to be able to be re-sold.
You may receive a refund or credit of equal amount, less the restocking fee if applicable and any other deductions that are relevant.
- Wrongly purchased items may be returned for a merchandise credit, this applies for but not limited to: Wrong size, wrong system etc.
- 30 Day return Policy: Returns will not be accepted without prior approval or after 30 days of invoice date.
- All returns will incur a 17.5% restocking fee or cost to send the item to you whichever greater. FSA may use discretion to determine the restocking fee.
- Any damages (minor, that can be repaired) will incur a fee which will be deducted from the total refund which will be equal to the cost of the replacement
parts (List Price) and labour charge (if applicable) to repair the system(s). This will be separate to the restocking fee.
- Any damage considered to be major and not feasible for repair may be refused and the return request will be void. The customer will be responsible for the return freight or disposal of the damaged unit.
- Return shipping is to be paid by the buyer to the address provided. It is recommended that the customer applies transit warranty to the return freight in case of damage.
- Any damages to the system that were not reported to FSA within 48 business hours of receipted delivery are not covered under our transit warranty.
- Should the item appear faulty or doesn’t work how described, the unit/item must be returned for testing (if requested), the return postage paid by the buyer. If the unit/item is deemed to be faulty, compensation will be provided for the postage cost (Proof of cost required). If the unit/item is deemed to be in working order and as described, the buyer will responsible for return postage.
If you have any questions about our return policy, please contact us before purchase. This will also help to ensure you purchase the correct product that suits your requirements.
Why is the storage tank necessary?
Reverse Osmosis Water Filtration is a slow process where water is forced under pressure, through a membrane wall at 0.0001 Microns. This process cuts the water production back to anywhere between 8 and 10 Litres per hour. The Reverse Osmosis Storage Tank is used to store this filtered water so that when you open up the tap on the sink, you have water on demand for drinking.
What happens when the storage tank is full?
When the storage tank reaches capacity, it triggers a backflow shut off valve located on the back of the system. This valve actively shuts off the incoming water (from the mains inlet). When you then open the tap on the sink, the storage tank will evacuate the pre-filtered water. The shut off valve will then disengage and begin to top up the tank to capacity once more.
How often do I need to change the filters?
As a general rule with RO systems, the first 2 filters (Or pre-Filter) should be replaced strictly every 6 months. This is highly recommended to help prolong the life of the more expensive and important Reverse Osmosis Membrane. If a pre filter is left on for too long, as the efficiency of chemical reduction is reduced, it may begin to let through residual traces of Chlorine through to the membrane. The Reverse Osmosis membrane is susceptible to damage from any number of chemicals that it comes into contact with, thus would begin to deteriorate more rapidly, potentially causing you to replace your membrane prematurely. Undersink models can have varying configurations but on average, all post membrane filters should be changed every 1-2 years.
What is filter protection equipment, and do I need to use it?
Filter Protection Equipment is an important part of water filtration. Our products are sourced from experienced and reliable manufacturers and also carry the highest level of certification in the water filtration industry. Regardless of Brand, Make, Model or Country of manufacture, water filtration will ALWAYS be the weakest point in your plumbing. The three main causes of water filtration failure are; Overnight pressure surges, Intense Water Hammer Pressure Impacts, and thermal expansion. All of which can be addressed and prevented with a few simple pieces of equipment. A Pressure Limiting Valve is used to buffer the incoming pressure to the Australian Regulation Pressure of 500kPA. This is the minimum requirement for most insurance and warranty validation and is essential when used on Town mains / municipal water. A Water Hammer Arrestor is a copper tube looking device which is commonly found in the laundry (If you have one). It acts to absorb and dissipate pressure spikes in your water lines. Pressure spikes occur from appliances such as the washing machine or dishwasher and can magnify the water pressure tenfold which can cause serious damage to water filtration components. Water hammer gets the name by the distinct sound you hear when the shockwaves rattle loose copper pipes or worn out valves. This is something that is essential to be addressed immediately before installing water filtration. A Pressure Relief Valve is as it sounds. It is pre-set to open once the pressure reaches 110PSI, shooting that pressure/water down the drain line and easing the pressure in your water filter. This is a requirement if you intend to hook up your water filter to a fridge, chiller or ice maker. They are also a good idea to help relieve residual pressure from pressure surges (even if you have a PLV + water hammer arrestor).
What is re-mineralising and is it necessary?
Re-Mineralising or Alkalising are common terms you will hear when reading about Reverse Osmosis. Many sellers will provide you with a song and dance using big words and sales pitches to the point when “you don’t know what it does, but it sounds good”. To put it all into simple terms; The act of re-mineralising or alkalising is simply Raising the pH from an acidic state to a neutral or alkaline state. This is achieved by using a calcite or magnesium based media filter that slowly dissolves trace amounts of inorganics into the water to raise the pH so that it is suitable and recommended for drinking.
Can I install my Water Filter on my own or do I need a Plumber?
For quality assurance and Insurance reasons, we always recommend using a licenced plumber who is familiar with water filtration. This ensures that the installation runs smoothly and is professional. If you fancy yourself reasonable at DIY type projects, we provide you with all the necessary components and instructions you need to conduct the installation yourself. Our technical support team are contactable during business hours on 1300 888 008 should you have any queries about installation.