SILVER Carbon Filter Media 1.9Kg Refills 20" x 4.5" Big Blue Cartridge
This pack will refill a 20" x 4.5" Big Blue GAC Cartridge
Type: Silver Activated Carbon
"Silver Impregnated Carbon is proven to stop the growth of ash/dust fed bacteria"
When a cell of bacteria is absorbed into the carbon's structure, it comes into contact with silver ions
The sulphurhydryl group already within the bacterial cell reacts with the silver, producing a silver sulphur complex.
The complex immobilizes the respiratory activity of the bacterial cell by preventing the transfer of hydrogen and an oxidative reaction. The cell cannot reproduce and dies, reducing the risk of gastro illness by ingesting bacteria.
Several factors need to be considered when recommending silver impregnated carbon for use in bacteriostatic filters Coconut Carbon is rated to be one of the best base materials used in today's market.Coconut Carbon provides a much higher volume of micropores than coal, wood or lignite based carbon. Thus, resulting in a more effective removal of trihalomethanes (THM's) from municipal water supplies.
The larger surface area provides a more effective method of filtering common contaminates such as chlorine and chloramines.
The unique raw material of the coconut shell and the carbon manufacturing process ensures exceptional hardness and low ash content.
Instructions for re-filling silver carbon filter:
1/ Remove the filter from it's mounted position.
2/ Screw off the end cap and tip out the old carbon
3/ Rinse then soak the housing and cap in a mild sanitizer for an adequate period of time.
4/ Rinse well , then pour in the new carbon, being sure to remove any loose carbon from around the cap.
5/ Re-install the filter ready for use
Due to the nature of the products we sell, a strict return policy is in place. We work with food grade certified materials that must be un-opened and un-used as to be able to be re-sold.
You may receive a refund or credit of equal amount, less the restocking fee if applicable and any other deductions that are relevant.
- Wrongly purchased items may be returned for a merchandise credit, this applies for but not limited to: Wrong size, wrong system etc.
- 30 Day return Policy: Returns will not be accepted without prior approval or after 30 days of invoice date.
- All returns will incur a 17.5% restocking fee or cost to send the item to you whichever greater. FSA may use discretion to determine the restocking fee.
- Any damages (minor, that can be repaired) will incur a fee which will be deducted from the total refund which will be equal to the cost of the replacement
parts (List Price) and labour charge (if applicable) to repair the system(s). This will be separate to the restocking fee.
- Any damage considered to be major and not feasible for repair may be refused and the return request will be void. The customer will be responsible for the return freight or disposal of the damaged unit.
- Return shipping is to be paid by the buyer to the address provided. It is recommended that the customer applies transit warranty to the return freight in case of damage.
- Any damages to the system that were not reported to FSA within 48 business hours of receipted delivery are not covered under our transit warranty.
- Should the item appear faulty or doesn’t work how described, the unit/item must be returned for testing (if requested), the return postage paid by the buyer. If the unit/item is deemed to be faulty, compensation will be provided for the postage cost (Proof of cost required). If the unit/item is deemed to be in working order and as described, the buyer will responsible for return postage.
If you have any questions about our return policy, please contact us before purchase. This will also help to ensure you purchase the correct product that suits your requirements.