Triple Caravan Replacement Pack | Scale And Hardness Reduction 1-11TP
- Poly Pleated Sediment Filter 5 Micron (GT2-5K)
- Phosphate Softening Filter Cartridge (GT4-67)
- 0.5 Micron Silver Impregnated (Bacteriostatic) 100% Coconut Carbon Block Water Filter (GT4-58BCCP5)
5 Micron Pleated/Washable Sediment Filter | 10" x 2.5"
They are well suited for heavy debris or sediment in the water, which may cause standard filters to block prematurely. Pleated filters have up to 20x more surface area than a standard polyspun filter! This gives them a higher surface area to catch more debris and a much longer life duration before replacement is necessary. They can be washed and removed time and time again until they begin to perforate, then they will need to be replaced.
Phosphate Softening Filter Cartridge | 10" x 2.5"
These gel-filled balls slow-release Poly Orthophosphate which is a food-grade phosphate used extensively in the US to protect mains water lines from corrosion. In Australia, this technique is mostly used to encapsulate calcium and magnesium hardness preventing scale build up in hot water services and heat exchanges. This works by coating the ions at the molecular level preventing the precipitation of these elements. As used in the US, it also has the ability to coat the inside of pipes and connectors preventing corrosion under some specific circumstances it can be very successful
0.5 Micron Silver Impregnated (Bacteriostatic) 100% Coconut Carbon Block Water Filters | 10" x 2.5" (4-58BCCP5)
What is Silver Impregnated (Bacteriostatic) Carbon and how does it work?Contrary to popular belief, carbon does not filter out bacteria. Whilst carbon effectively removes odours and taste issues from water, carbon ash is actually a source of nourishment for bacteria, making wet carbon filters a breeding ground for microbial contamination. This, unfortunately, causes biofouling of the filter cartridge which can lead to premature blockage, putrid tastes and odours and worse - illness as a result of ingesting the bacteria that has passed through the cartridge and into your drinking water! Using a rotten filter can make you seriously sick - so if in doubt - chuck it out!
So, how does Silver Impregnation inhibit the growth of bacteria in a carbon filter? When bacteria come into contact with silver, the silver ions puncture the bacteria's cell membrane and wreak havoc by binding to and denaturing the bacteria's DNA. The sulphydryl group already within the bacterial cell also reacts with the silver, producing a silver sulphur complex that immobilises the respiratory and reproductive activity of the bacterial cell. Interestingly, Silver Impregnation has an incredibly long-lasting effect, as the dead bacteria then leach the silver molecules back into their environment, effectively killing neighbouring live bacteria as they die.
Dead bacteria store the microscopic silver particles within their cells (see above image of dead bacteria with silver nanoparticles (white spots), making them deadly to live bacteria. (Source: "Antibacterial Activity of Silver-Killed Bacteria: The "Zombie" Effect" (2015), https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/25906433/).
Disinfection For Protection Against Bacteria
For sanitation against common water-borne bacteria/viruses in rainwater and potable bore water (i.e. *bore water that has been tested to the Australian Drinking Water Guidelines and deemed suitable for drinking purposes per the Guidelines’ aesthetic, health and safety recommendations), we recommend dosing your water source with a product such as Hydrosil Ultra 7.5% Water Sanitiser. Dosing with a disinfectant will ensure residual protection against microbiological contamination/biofouling in your pipework and/or filter system. Alternatively, for a full-time point-of-use sanitation solution, consider Ultraviolet (UV) Water Sanitation.
HydroSil Ultra 7.5% Drinking Water SanitiserHydroSil is a food-grade silver and hydrogen-peroxide based water sanitiser, which acts to oxidise bacteria and viruses without leaving any dangerous residues behind. HydroSil sanitizes and protects your tanks and water storage devices, making rainwater and potable bore water* safe and suitable for human consumption. HydroSil is not a chlorine-based chemical like most sterilisers on the market today. It is non-toxic, and safe to use around your home and family.
To scale down to tank size, you will require 20mL per 100L.
Buy Hydrosil Ultra 7.5% Here:
Due to the nature of the products we sell, a strict return policy is in place. We work with food grade certified materials that must be un-opened and un-used as to be able to be re-sold.
You may receive a refund or credit of equal amount, less the restocking fee if applicable and any other deductions that are relevant.
- Wrongly purchased items may be returned for a merchandise credit, this applies for but not limited to: Wrong size, wrong system etc.
- 30 Day return Policy: Returns will not be accepted without prior approval or after 30 days of invoice date.
- All returns will incur a 17.5% restocking fee or cost to send the item to you whichever greater. FSA may use discretion to determine the restocking fee.
- Any damages (minor, that can be repaired) will incur a fee which will be deducted from the total refund which will be equal to the cost of the replacement
parts (List Price) and labour charge (if applicable) to repair the system(s). This will be separate to the restocking fee.
- Any damage considered to be major and not feasible for repair may be refused and the return request will be void. The customer will be responsible for the return freight or disposal of the damaged unit.
- Return shipping is to be paid by the buyer to the address provided. It is recommended that the customer applies transit warranty to the return freight in case of damage.
- Any damages to the system that were not reported to FSA within 48 business hours of receipted delivery are not covered under our transit warranty.
- Should the item appear faulty or doesn’t work how described, the unit/item must be returned for testing (if requested), the return postage paid by the buyer. If the unit/item is deemed to be faulty, compensation will be provided for the postage cost (Proof of cost required). If the unit/item is deemed to be in working order and as described, the buyer will responsible for return postage.
If you have any questions about our return policy, please contact us before purchase. This will also help to ensure you purchase the correct product that suits your requirements.