Triple Caravan Replacement Pack | Scale And Hardness Reduction 1-11TP
- Poly Pleated Sediment Filter 5 Micron (GT2-5K)
- Phosphate Softening Cartridge (GT4-67)
- Bacteriostatic Silver Carbon Block 0.5 Micron (GT4-58PS05)
5 Micron Pleated/Washable Sediment Filter
They are best suited for tank water, rivers, creeks or streams. Anywhere where there is a heavy level of debris or sediment in the water, which may cause standard filters to block prematurely.
Pleated filters have up to 20x's more surface area than a standard polyspun filter!
This gives them a higher surface area to catch more debris and a much longer life duration before replacement is necessary. They can be washed and removed tima and time again, until they begin to perforate, then they will need to be replaced.
PHOSPHATE SOFTENING FILTER
These gel filled balls slow release Poly Orthophosphate which is a food grade phosphate used extensively in the US to protect mains water lines from corrosion.
In Australia this technique is mostly used to encapsulate calcium and magnesium hardness preventing scale build up in hot water services and heat exchanges.
This works by coating the ions at the molecular level preventing the precipitation of these elements.
As used in the US , it also has the ability to coat the inside of pipes and connectors preventing corrosion under some specific circumstances it can be very successful
0.5 MICRON 100% COCONUT CARBON BLOCK FILTERS
NSF 61 Certified
This filter is similar to the H2-BLUE 100% Coconut Carbon Filter (4-6), but is impregnated with silver for the added benefits of carbon AND the bacteriostatic properties of silver impregnation.
Whilst carbon effectively removes odors and taste issues from water, it will leave behind microscopic metal compounds in the form of minute ash/dust particles, which in turn prove to be a source of nourishment for bacteria. This bacteria feeds off the nutrients in the insoluble ash and can then be flushed into the drinking water supply.
Silver Impregnated Carbon is proven to stop the growth of ash/dust fed bacteria
When a cell of bacteria is absorbed into the carbon's structure, it comes into contact with silver ions.
The sulphurhydryl group already within the bacterial cell reacts with the silver, producing a silver sulphur complex.
The complex immobilises the respiratory activity of the bacterial cell by preventing the transfer of hydrogen and an oxidative reaction.
The cell cannot reproduce and dies, reducing the risk of gastro illness by ingesting bacteria.
Several factors need to be considered when recommending silver impregnated carbon for use in bacteriostatic filters.
Coconut Carbon is rated to be one of the best base materials used in today's market.
Coconut Carbon provides a much higher volume of micropores than coal, wood or lignite based carbon. Thus, resulting in a more effective removal of trihalomethanes (THM's) from municipal water supplies.
The larger surface area provides a more effective method of filtering common contaminates such as chlorine and chloramines.
The unique raw material of the coconut shell and the carbon manufacturing process ensures exceptional hardness and low ash content.
Due to the nature of the products we sell, a strict return policy is in place. We work with food grade certified materials that must be un-opened and un-used as to be able to be re-sold.
You will receive a credit of equal amount, less the postage cost to send it to you.
- Wrongly purchased items may be returned for a merchandise credit, this applies for but not limited to: Wrong size, wrong system etc.
- 30 Day return Policy: We will accept returns up to 30 days after the initial purchase, all orders should be checked immediately for damage/fault upon arrival to aid us with the return process.
- Return shipping is to be paid by the buyer to the address provided
- Should the item appear faulty or doesn’t work how described, the unit/item must be returned for testing (if requested), the return postage paid by the buyer. If the unit/item is deemed to be faulty, compensation will be provided for the postage cost. If the unit/item is deemed to be in working order and as described, the buyer will need to pay for return postage.
If you have any questions about our return policy, please contact us before purchase. This will also help to ensure you purchase the correct product that suits your requirements.