Silver (Bacteriostatic) Activated Carbon Inline Caravan Water Filter (6-23)
- Improves the Taste & Odour of Chlorinated Mains Water
- Silver Impregnation to Help Prevent Filter Biofouling when not in use
- Perfect for Inline Installation (i.e Undersink)
Bacteriostatic Silver Carbon Inline Caravan Water Filter (6-23)
- Simple to Use
- Easy to Adapt
- Ideal for use with Chlorinated Mains Water
- Not necessary to refrigerate between trips (however we do recommend this if possible)
- Refillable / Re-usable (up to 2 refills)
- Multi-Use - Caravans, Inline, with hoses, home, office or for portable use.
- Simply tip out your old silver carbon and replace it with new media!
- The silver media that suits this caravan filter can be bought here!
318mm Long (Including Connectors)
1/4" Quick Connect Tube Fittings
1/2" Male thread fittings
2 Mounting Brackets to secure the filter in ANY location.
Filter Life: 12 - 24 months (pending usage)
Flow Rate: The system can function up to 15Lt/min, HOWEVER, we recommend using the system at 6Lt/min or less for complete chemical extraction.
Suits any general filtration use where taste/odour and chemical extraction are desired. However, we are targeting the demand within the Caravan Fraternity where the simplicity of this filter rivals all other Van filters on offer today.
We've set this filter up with 1/2" brass male connectors we've also supplied 1/4" Quick Connect Nipples so this filter can be introduced into 1/4 filter line, commonly found in vans and under sink applications. We believe we've supplied all the adaptors required to suit/fit ANY application for the filter.
What is Silver Impregnated (Bacteriostatic) Carbon and how does it work?Contrary to popular belief, carbon does not filter out bacteria. Whilst carbon effectively removes odours and taste issues from water, carbon ash is actually a source of nourishment for bacteria, making wet carbon filters a breeding ground for microbial contamination. This, unfortunately, causes biofouling of the filter cartridge which can lead to premature blockage, putrid tastes and odours and worse - illness as a result of ingesting the bacteria that has passed through the cartridge and into your drinking water! Using a rotten filter can make you seriously sick - so if in doubt - chuck it out!
So, how does Silver Impregnation inhibit the growth of bacteria in a carbon filter? When bacteria come into contact with silver, the silver ions puncture the bacteria's cell membrane and wreak havoc by binding to and denaturing the bacteria's DNA. The sulphydryl group already within the bacterial cell also reacts with the silver, producing a silver sulphur complex that immobilises the respiratory and reproductive activity of the bacterial cell. Interestingly, Silver Impregnation has an incredibly long-lasting effect, as the dead bacteria then leach the silver molecules back into their environment, effectively killing neighbouring live bacteria as they die.
Dead bacteria store the microscopic silver particles within their cells (see above image of dead bacteria with silver nanoparticles (white spots), making them deadly to live bacteria. (Source: "Antibacterial Activity of Silver-Killed Bacteria: The "Zombie" Effect" (2015), https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/25906433/).
Disinfection For Protection Against Bacteria
For sanitation against common water-borne bacteria/viruses in rainwater and potable bore water (i.e. *bore water that has been tested to the Australian Drinking Water Guidelines and deemed suitable for drinking purposes per the Guidelines’ aesthetic, health and safety recommendations), we recommend dosing your water source with a product such as Hydrosil Ultra 7.5% Water Sanitiser. Dosing with a disinfectant will ensure residual protection against microbiological contamination/biofouling in your pipework and/or filter system. Alternatively, for a full-time point-of-use sanitation solution, consider Ultraviolet (UV) Water Sanitation.
HydroSil Ultra 7.5% Drinking Water SanitiserHydroSil is a food-grade silver and hydrogen-peroxide based water sanitiser, which acts to oxidise bacteria and viruses without leaving any dangerous residues behind. HydroSil sanitizes and protects your tanks and water storage devices, making rainwater and potable bore water* safe and suitable for human consumption. HydroSil is not a chlorine-based chemical like most sterilisers on the market today. It is non-toxic, and safe to use around your home and family.
To scale down to tank size, you will require 20mL per 100L.
Buy Hydrosil Ultra 7.5% Here:
Due to the nature of the products we sell, a strict return policy is in place. We work with food grade certified materials that must be un-opened and un-used as to be able to be re-sold.
You may receive a refund or credit of equal amount, less the restocking fee if applicable and any other deductions that are relevant.
- Wrongly purchased items may be returned for a merchandise credit, this applies for but not limited to: Wrong size, wrong system etc.
- 30 Day return Policy: Returns will not be accepted without prior approval or after 30 days of invoice date.
- All returns will incur a 17.5% restocking fee or cost to send the item to you whichever greater. FSA may use discretion to determine the restocking fee.
- Any damages (minor, that can be repaired) will incur a fee which will be deducted from the total refund which will be equal to the cost of the replacement
parts (List Price) and labour charge (if applicable) to repair the system(s). This will be separate to the restocking fee.
- Any damage considered to be major and not feasible for repair may be refused and the return request will be void. The customer will be responsible for the return freight or disposal of the damaged unit.
- Return shipping is to be paid by the buyer to the address provided. It is recommended that the customer applies transit warranty to the return freight in case of damage.
- Any damages to the system that were not reported to FSA within 48 business hours of receipted delivery are not covered under our transit warranty.
- Should the item appear faulty or doesn’t work how described, the unit/item must be returned for testing (if requested), the return postage paid by the buyer. If the unit/item is deemed to be faulty, compensation will be provided for the postage cost (Proof of cost required). If the unit/item is deemed to be in working order and as described, the buyer will responsible for return postage.
If you have any questions about our return policy, please contact us before purchase. This will also help to ensure you purchase the correct product that suits your requirements.