White Plastic High KDF Shower Filter (39-9)
|Select||Quantity||Discount||Price per piece|
NEW Shower filter with patented KDF-55 media
You might ask why we have this new shower filter when we already have a very successful range.
The old adage that shower filters “aint” shower filters applies in this situation, I’ll do my best to explain.
New regulation in Australia means that hot water systems now, do have, or should have, a tempering valve to regulate the temperature of water into a home, to avoid children scolding themselves.
The problem with these tempering valves is that they were never designed to handle pressure variation. They are first and foremost a temperature regulator.
There are some very good quality shower filters on the market that work extremely well, most of the good brands have a larger quantity of KDF media and less carbon, due to use in hot water shower situations.
Now to my point....
KDF is a media made primarily from copper and zinc which are the two heaviest and dense metals in the world. Because they are metals and don’t wear out, they produce a kinetic reaction that has the effect ofneutralising Chlorine to very high standards.
What can exhaust a KDF filter is a build-up of materials that bond the two metals, this slows the kinetic reaction, and in some less favourable water end the life of KDF fairly quickly .
Not only is KDF heavy and dense it’s also the most expensive filter media in the world but unfortunately it’s needed in hot water situations.
I can’t speak for all the systems on the market. But our experience with most of the more expensive brands that use a lot of KDF, apart from being very expensive, is that they are also very dense which places a high degree of back pressure on the hot water tempering valve.
The result of this can be the inability to stabilise the temperature of the water under the shower. In short, the tempering valve becomes confused and continues switching from hot to cold, which isn’t a pleasant situation when you are in the shower .
I have had personal experience with this, to the point my wife insisted I remove the shower filter completely…. So I removed the tempering valve instead. Because I’m chemical intolerant, I need the shower filter more than I need the tempering valve.
I then set about finding a shower filter that didn’t create too much back pressure, and these are our current White and Chrome plastic shower filters GT39-5 & GT39-6.
These have served us well for a number of years, but the down side of these shower filters is that they have more carbon and less KDF so they don’t last as long in hot water as the more expensive brands that use more KDF and less carbon.
But the up side is that we have never had a back pressure issue since changing to these filters and all we do is change the cartridge at 3- 4 months rather than 6 -12 months.
Now we have this shower filter which has the “more KDF” and less carbon, coupled with the low back pressure. It’s taken some time for manufacturers to get the idea, but we are somewhat over regulated in Australia with plumbing standards and I suspect these issues haven’t been too well known overseas.
So it’s all about choice now, we have the cheaper shower filter with a shorter life or this new shower filter with “more KDF” and longer life (and also a low back pressure rating)
Whichever way you choose we have it covered, but my recommendation based on being an end user that relies on chemical extraction, I highly recommend you pay a little extra and use this filter for longer life, less back pressure and a higher level of chemical extraction.
Fits to international standard shower head.
Removes Chlorine up to 98%
Removes Heavy metal up to 99%
Removes sediment and odour up to 95%
Releases negative ion
Softens the water
Filter capacity 60,000 litres
Expected life 4-6 months
Max. flow 5-10 litres p/m
Water pressure 20-80 psi
Water temp. Hot/Cold 5-38* C
Dimensions H 13.1cm x W 7.7cm
Due to the nature of the products we sell, a strict return policy is in place. We work with food grade certified materials that must be un-opened and un-used as to be able to be re-sold.
You may receive a refund or credit of equal amount, less the restocking fee if applicable and any other deductions that are relevant.
- Wrongly purchased items may be returned for a merchandise credit, this applies for but not limited to: Wrong size, wrong system etc.
- 30 Day return Policy: Returns will not be accepted without prior approval or after 30 days of invoice date.
- All returns will incur a 17.5% restocking fee or cost to send the item to you whichever greater. FSA may use discretion to determine the restocking fee.
- Any damages (minor, that can be repaired) will incur a fee which will be deducted from the total refund which will be equal to the cost of the replacement
parts (List Price) and labour charge (if applicable) to repair the system(s). This will be separate to the restocking fee.
- Any damage considered to be major and not feasible for repair may be refused and the return request will be void. The customer will be responsible for the return freight or disposal of the damaged unit.
- Return shipping is to be paid by the buyer to the address provided. It is recommended that the customer applies transit warranty to the return freight in case of damage.
- Any damages to the system that were not reported to FSA within 48 business hours of receipted delivery are not covered under our transit warranty.
- Should the item appear faulty or doesn’t work how described, the unit/item must be returned for testing (if requested), the return postage paid by the buyer. If the unit/item is deemed to be faulty, compensation will be provided for the postage cost (Proof of cost required). If the unit/item is deemed to be in working order and as described, the buyer will responsible for return postage.
If you have any questions about our return policy, please contact us before purchase. This will also help to ensure you purchase the correct product that suits your requirements.