NEW Quick Change Shower Filter
New and improved formula containing Calcium Sulfite & FAR Infrared Filter media for superior Chlorine Reduction for showers.
The new 'Quick Change' Filter design makes ongoing maintenance a simple task. Simply twist off the old filter and twist on the new filter. No Need for a Plumber or handyman saving you money.
Calcium Sulfite (CaSO3):
Calcium sulfite is 100 times more effective than activated carbon at removing chlorine and heavy metals such as lead, mercury, cadmium and aluminium.
Far infrared ceramic ball can release weak electric current in the process of treating water, although this is very weak current (0.06 mA), but it’s same with the body's biological, which have a beneficial impact on human and other organisms, it has an effective adsorption of lead (Pb + +) Chromium (Cr + +) and other toxicity heavy metals. In the hydrolysis process, accompanied with physical and chemical change such as electrochemical, pool, adsorption and sedimentation, so far infrared ball has preventing enzymes and self-cleaning effect. Meanwhile, the far-infrared mineralization can release the far-infrared ray which can have resonance with water molecules, this enables the water into small molecule groups and increase the oxygen content of water.
Because of the high activity of negative oxygen ions, it has very strong oxidation-reduction function which can damage the cell membrane of bacteria and activity of the activity enzyme in cell protoplasts to reach antivirus purposes.
- Do not use with microbiologically unsafe water or of water of unknown quality without adequate disinfection before or after the system.
- Operation Pressure must not exceed 500 kPa. If pressure exceeds this, you must install a pressure limiting device before the tap.
- This device is designed to be used on standard ½” BSP threads. This is a standard size for most showers in Australia.
- Water quality may affect the life of the filter cartridge, this can become an indication of when you require a cartridge change if the filter blocks before the recommended replacement time.
- Prior to usage, it is recommended to run the water briefly in to ensure the filter has been flushed and filter correctly.
- The maximum temperature of this water filter is 55°C. Not for use with straight Hot Water. Using Hot water on this filter for extended periods may cause damage or failure and void warranty.
- Remove the existing shower head from the wall fitting (1/2”)
- Identify if the Elbow Adaptor is required for installation. Elbow adaptor is commonly used when the wall fitting does not come straight out (i.e. the fitting runs parallel to the wall)
- Apply 6 rounds of thread tape to the male wall fitting to ensure the filter seals.
- Screw the shower filter onto the wall fitting, paying attention to the flow direction of the arrow on top. CAUTION: Go slowly to avoid cross threading.
- DO NOT overtighten the filter, doing so may crack the thread. If leaking occurs, remove and re-apply 8 rounds of thread tape.
- Apply 6 rounds of thread tape to both sides of the ½” Male-Male Joiner and insert the Long Side of the joiner directly into the outlet of the shower filter. Hand tightening is sufficient for now.
- Screw the shower head onto the exposed male thread and tighten. Both sides will tighten at the same time, stop when the seal is tight and the shower head is in the correct orientation.
- Run cold water through the filter for 1 minute and check for leaks in the thread joins of the filter.
- Turn the tap off and remove the filter cartridge by twisting it anti-clockwise.
- Set the filter reminder to 3 months in advance as a filter change reminder, replace the filter and it is ready to use.
- While the water is turned off, simply twist the filter anti-clockwise to release it.
- Discard the old filter and replace it with the new filter by twisting it in clockwise.
- Flush the filter for 1 minute.
- Q: Water Leaking from threaded Connections
A: Re-apply more thread tape OR remove thread tape and re-install with silicone washer.
- Q: Slow Flow rate.
A: Filter Requires Replacement, OR Check to see if any debris in filter or shower head.
- Q: Taste or Odour Issue in water
A: If filter is new, allow longer flushing time. If filter is older – Replace Filter.