Twin Undersink Bacteria/Rain/Tank Water Filter System (GT1-46WMAF)
- Ideal Undersink Solution for Tank/Rain/Potable Bore Water*
- Recommended for Caravans, Camper Vans and Motorhomes
- Filtration to 0.1 Micron Helps Protect Against Paracytic Cysts and Reduce Bacteria
Twin Undersink Bacteria/Rain/Tank Water Filter System (GT1-46WMAF)
- Filters to 0.1 Micron
- Blocks Giardia and Crypto (which are commonly found in tank & non-municipal supplies)
- Eliminates the need for UV Sanitation
- No wastewater produced (unlike Reverse Osmosis Systems)
- Inexpensive to replace
Ultra-fine filtration is here and changing the way we filter water. The ability to filter water right down to 0.1 microns, takes away the need for powered UV appliances for the disinfection of bacteria, parasites and viruses. This is of particular relevance in older homes where power points are not readily found under sinks, or in caravans and camper vans.
This system was designed in an "outside-in” direction so the life of the filter is enormously extended, but like all filtration the dirtier the water, the faster the cartridge will expire.
Disclaimer: Do not use this system to filter microbiologically unsafe water or water of unknown quality without adequate disinfection. We recommend dosing your tank with a product such as Hydrosil Ultra 7.5% Water Sanitiser to ensure full protection against microbiological contamination in your pipework and filter system, and to help prevent biofouling within the filter.
- 0.1 Absolute Micron Filters Sediment, Chemical + Bacteria
- Sediment & Turbidity Reduction with 5-10 Micron Pleated Membrane
- Chemical Reduction with 5 Micron Premium Coconut Carbon Block
- Bacterial Reduction with 0.1 Micron Hollow Fibre Membrane
- Independently Lab Tested For Log8 Reduction (i.e. a 99.999999% reduction) of E.Coli & P.Aeruginosa Bacteria
- Compliant to National Sanitation Foundation/ANSI Standard No. 42 & 53, FDA and EU Food Grade Requirements
Pure (brand) Coconut Carbon Block Filters are made from a combination of high-performance coconut shell carbon, unique binders and industry-leading manufacturing processes to deliver trade-quality carbon block filters. They deliver exceptionally low pressure drop while maintaining a high dirt holding capacity with excellent contaminant reduction capabilities. Coconut Carbon is rated to be one of the best base materials used in today's market.
Coconut Carbon provides a much higher volume of micropores than coal, wood or lignite-based carbon, thus resulting in a more effective removal of trihalomethanes (THM's) from chlorinated municipal water supplies. The larger surface area of a compressed carbon block also provides a more effective method of filtering common contaminants such as chlorine and chloramines, whilst the unique raw material of the coconut shell and the carbon manufacturing process ensures exceptional hardness and low ash content.
Pure (brand) Coconut Carbon Blocks are registered in compliance with NSF/ANSI 42, 53 and 61 for several things, including VOC’s, THM’s, Lead & Heavy Metal Reduction, Chloramine Reduction & Chlorine Taste & Odour reduction. This also includes meeting standards of purity & safety of the materials used.
What is Silver Impregnated (Bacteriostatic) Carbon and how does it work?Contrary to popular belief, carbon does not filter out bacteria. Whilst carbon effectively removes odours and taste issues from water, carbon ash is actually a source of nourishment for bacteria, making wet carbon filters a breeding ground for microbial contamination. This, unfortunately, causes biofouling of the filter cartridge which can lead to premature blockage, putrid tastes and odours and worse - illness as a result of ingesting the bacteria that has passed through the cartridge and into your drinking water! Using a rotten filter can make you seriously sick - so if in doubt - chuck it out!
So, how does Silver Impregnation inhibit the growth of bacteria in a carbon filter? When bacteria come into contact with silver, the silver ions puncture the bacteria's cell membrane and wreak havoc by binding to and denaturing the bacteria's DNA. The sulphydryl group already within the bacterial cell also reacts with the silver, producing a silver sulphur complex that immobilises the respiratory and reproductive activity of the bacterial cell. Interestingly, Silver Impregnation has an incredibly long-lasting effect, as the dead bacteria then leach the silver molecules back into their environment, effectively killing neighbouring live bacteria as they die.
Dead bacteria store the microscopic silver particles within their cells (see above image of dead bacteria with silver nanoparticles (white spots), making them deadly to live bacteria. (Source: "Antibacterial Activity of Silver-Killed Bacteria: The "Zombie" Effect" (2015), https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/25906433/).
Disinfection For Full Protection Against Bacteria
For sanitation against common water-borne bacteria/viruses in rainwater and potable bore water (i.e. *bore water that has been tested to the Australian Drinking Water Guidelines and deemed suitable for drinking purposes per the Guidelines’ aesthetic, health and safety recommendations), we recommend dosing your water source with a product such as Hydrosil Ultra 7.5% Water Sanitiser. Dosing with a disinfectant will ensure residual protection against microbiological contamination/biofouling in your pipework and/or filter system. Alternatively, for a full-time point-of-use sanitation solution, consider Ultraviolet (UV) Water Sanitation.
Replacement Filters - Every 6-12 Months or as required:
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT WATER SANITATION
Disclaimer: Do not use or drink microbiologically unsafe water or water of unknown quality without adequate disinfection.
FSA’s Recommendation for Rain/Tank/Potable Bore Water*
If you use Rain/Tank Water and Potable Bore Water (*i.e bore water has been tested to the Australian Drinking Water Guidelines and deemed suitable for drinking purposes per the Guidelines’ aesthetic, health and safety recommendations), please see below our recommended filtration schedule to ensure safe drinking water:
- Tank Dose with HydroSil Ultra 7.5% for Protection Against Bacteria & Viruses
- Undersink <1 Micron Absolute Filter for Protection against Parasites & (Optional) Coconut Carbon for Improved Final Taste & Odour
Read on for a full explanation of why we recommend this as the minimum standard of filtration for treating Rain/Tank/Potable Bore Water for drinking.
For Protection Against Bacteria/Viruses
Bacteria (such as E.Coli) can colonize in the stagnant water and result in harmful illnesses when consumed.
For sanitation against common water-borne bacteria/viruses in rainwater and potable bore water*, we, therefore, recommend dosing your tank with a product such as Hydrosil Ultra 7.5% Water Sanitiser to ensure protection against microbiological contamination/biofouling in your pipework and/or filter system.
HydroSil is a food-grade silver-activated, hydrogen-peroxide based water sanitiser, which acts to oxidise bacteria and viruses, without leaving any dangerous residues behind. HydroSil sanitizes and protects your tanks and water storage devices, making rainwater and potable bore water safe and suitable for human consumption. HydroSil is not a chlorine-based chemical like most sterilisers on the market today. It is non-toxic, and safe to use around your home and family.
Dosage Rate: HydroSil should be dosed at a rate of 200mL per 1000L of water. To scale down to tank size, you will require 20mL per 100L.
Buy Hydrosil Ultra 7.5% Here:
For Protection Against Parasites/Protozoa
Ingesting waterborne parasites (Protozoan Cysts) such as Cryptosporidium and Giardia (which flourish in raw water sources such as rain water tanks and bores), are a common cause of gastroenteritis.
Whilst Chlorine can inactivate Giardia with a moderate dose and contact time, Chlorine has a negligible effect on Cryptosporidium unless dosed in excess of the acceptable Chlorine limit per the Australian Drinking Water Guidelines (Version 3.6, pp. 200).
For protection against these common cysts, we, therefore, recommend under sink filtration down to at least 1 Micron (Absolute) or smaller (i.e. with Reverse Osmosis or the Caware 0.1 Micron Absolute 3-in-1 Sediment, Chemical + Bacteria Reduction Filter).
Such fine filtration, used along with regular sanitation (i.e. with HydroSil Ultra 7.5%) is a cost-effective and safe drinking water solution for rain water and potable bore water*, and is perfect for casual disinfection requirements such as when travelling in a caravan.
Why UV Disinfection is NOT Recommended for Caravans/Casual Use
You may have read that Ultraviolet (UV) Disinfection is one of the safest and most effective methods for treating drinking water, as it has a minimal effect on drinking water’s composition and taste, whilst killing 99.9% of microbiological contaminants. It's true that UV is highly effective at inactivating the DNA cells of water-borne micro-organisms such as bacteria and viruses, and is excellent at killing chlorine-resistant parasites such as Giardia and Cryptosporidium.
However, as effective as they are, please note that UV systems are generally NOT recommended for caravanning and casual use, for the following reasons:
- UV Systems require electrical input and typically need to be left on 24/7 to prevent degradation of the UV lamp (not ideal for infrequent use).
- UV radiation also heats up the UV chamber and, in some cases, requires a constant flow of fresh water and a thermal release valve to release the hot water (which is not ideal on a small water tank).
- UV Systems also contain fragile glass components (not ideal for travelling).
- GT1-22W - Twin Water Filter System with 1/4" Ports
- GT6-12SED - 1 Micron Inline Sediment Filter
- GT42-0-MAF -Caware 0.1 Micron 3-in-1 Sediment, Chemical & Bacteria Reduction Filter
- GT4-6LPD - 20 Micron Coconut Carbon Block
- GT17-0S - Plastic Opening Spanner
- GT14-14S - Inlet Tee Valve
- GT20-16GW - 2 Metres 1/4" Tubing (White)
- GT9-2S - Modern Goose Neck Faucet
- GT10-23LS - 1/4" Elbow Fittings
- GT18-13 - 500 kPa WaterMark Certified Pressure Limiting Valve
- Comprehensive Instructions
- 1 x Roll Thread Tape
WaterMark Certified Housings
These Water Filter Housings are certified to WaterMark Standards AS/NZS 3497 Under Certificate No. 23247.
WaterMark certification is the level of certification required by law for a licensed plumber in Australia to install a water filter system. All products used under this certification will give you peace of mind knowing that your water filter complies with Australian plumbing codes.
Our WaterMark certified filter systems are hand assembled here in Australia and are randomly batch tested to ensure top quality and workmanship for your water filtration products.
Please note: This filter is not suitable for gravity fed systems, we recommend at least 50 psi pressure when using this filter. This Filter is not designed for whole of house use.
INSTALLATION - Please note this system is WaterMark Certified to Australian plumbing standards (AS/NZS 3497), and will need to be installed by a licensed plumber. Simply order online with free shipping to your home, and once it arrives any local licensed plumber will be able to do the installation (the system also comes with instructions)!
NSF 61 Inlet Tee
Gone are the days of struggling to get the right amount of thread tape onto your fittings (such as the feed water block and brass ball valve). Now, thanks to this handy combination fitting, it's simply a matter of interrupting your cold-water line with this tee and plugging in the 1/4" tubing to the filtration system.
The other benefit of this fitting is that by having the built-in isolation switch you can easily turn the water on and off for cartridge changes.
Housings: 10" x 2.5"
Max Flow Rate: 3.78L/Min
Max Working Pressure: 70psi - 500kPa
Max Inlet Pressure: 125psi
Tested Pressure: 325psi
VOC Reduction: >95%
Operating Pressure: 10-120psi (0.7-.2 bar)
Operating Temperature: 2-38°C (Cold Water Application Only)
Operating Flow Rate: 4 Litres Per Minute
Lifespan: 6000L @ 80% Chlorine Reduction and 12000L @ 50% Chlorine Reduction.
Rapid Gravity Flow Handles Low Pressure @ 4 Litres Per Minute
Independently Lab Tested For Log8 Reduction of E.Coli & P.Aeruginosa Bacteria
Compliant to National Sanitation Foundation/ANSI Standard No. 42 & 53, FDA and EU Food Grade Requirements
Due to the nature of the products we sell, a strict return policy is in place. We work with food grade certified materials that must be un-opened and un-used as to be able to be re-sold.
You may receive a refund or credit of equal amount, less the restocking fee if applicable and any other deductions that are relevant.
- Wrongly purchased items may be returned for a merchandise credit, this applies for but not limited to: Wrong size, wrong system etc.
- 30 Day return Policy: Returns will not be accepted without prior approval or after 30 days of invoice date.
- All returns will incur a 17.5% restocking fee or cost to send the item to you whichever greater. FSA may use discretion to determine the restocking fee.
- Any damages (minor, that can be repaired) will incur a fee which will be deducted from the total refund which will be equal to the cost of the replacement
parts (List Price) and labour charge (if applicable) to repair the system(s). This will be separate to the restocking fee.
- Any damage considered to be major and not feasible for repair may be refused and the return request will be void. The customer will be responsible for the return freight or disposal of the damaged unit.
- Return shipping is to be paid by the buyer to the address provided. It is recommended that the customer applies transit warranty to the return freight in case of damage.
- Any damages to the system that were not reported to FSA within 48 business hours of receipted delivery are not covered under our transit warranty.
- Should the item appear faulty or doesn’t work how described, the unit/item must be returned for testing (if requested), the return postage paid by the buyer. If the unit/item is deemed to be faulty, compensation will be provided for the postage cost (Proof of cost required). If the unit/item is deemed to be in working order and as described, the buyer will responsible for return postage.
If you have any questions about our return policy, please contact us before purchase. This will also help to ensure you purchase the correct product that suits your requirements.