Compact Undersink Caravan Water Filter System with 0.5 Micron Lead Heavy Metal Reduction Carbon for Mains (GT1-94)
- Recommended for use with Chlorinated Mains Water
- Compact Undersink Design for Small Spaces
Compact Undersink Caravan Water Filter System with 0.5 Micron Lead Heavy Metal Reduction Carbon for Mains Water (GT1-94)
- Ultra-Compact 5"x2.5" Australian Standard Approved Housing (AS3497) - perfect for small spaces
- 0.5 Micron Nominal Coconut Carbon Block Filter for Lead Reduction
- Opening Spanner
- Note: This system is recommended for use with Certified John Guest Fittings
0.5 Micron Nominal Lead Reduction Cartridge (5"x2.5")
- Reduces Lead, Arsenic & Heavy Metals
- Great Chlorine, Taste and Odour Removal
- WQA Tested & Compliant to NSF/ANSI 42
- Performance tested and verified by independent laboratory testing
- Certified by ISO 9001
About Coconut Carbon Blocks
As a rule, it is difficult to find 100% coconut carbon filters. Most lower priced filters on the market are a blend of coconut carbon and coal-based carbon. The problem with coal-based carbon is that it has a shorter life and often results in a less palatable flavour.
We use this 100% coconut carbon filter in all of our pre-assembled kits. These top of the range HIGH QUALITY coconut carbon block filters are ideal for taste and odour issues, and perfect for total extraction of town water chemicals. The perfect carbon block filter is made from 100% Coconut Shell Carbon, which creates what many believe to be the sweetest tasting water. The unique pore structure of this carbon is well suited for chemical absorption, including VOC's, while reducing chlorine and chemicals that contribute to taste and odour.
Our Coconut Carbon Block filters are best suited for gravity fed tank water supplies or town water. Carbon filtration is the best form of filtration for chemical extraction due to the longer and more thorough contact time the water has with the carbon, which in turn provides an extremely comprehensive method of chemical removal. We HIGHLY recommend this method of filtration for chemical taste and odour extraction.
Size: 5" x 2.5"
Flow: Approx 10Lt/Min when using standard Cartridges.
Tested To: 150 PSI >> We deem 70 PSI to be optimal.
|Part Number||O.D. X Length||Nominal µm Rating||Chlorine Taste & Odor Reduction Capacity @ flow*||Lead Reduction Capacity @ flow*||Initial @ Flow*|
|LRC 2505-P5||2.5”X 5”||0.5||> 8,000 gallons@ 0.5 gpm||1,500 gallons @ 0.5 gpm||3.0 psid @ 1.0 gpm|
Due to the nature of the products we sell, a strict return policy is in place. We work with food grade certified materials that must be un-opened and un-used as to be able to be re-sold.
You may receive a refund or credit of equal amount, less the restocking fee if applicable and any other deductions that are relevant.
- Wrongly purchased items may be returned for a merchandise credit, this applies for but not limited to: Wrong size, wrong system etc.
- 30 Day return Policy: Returns will not be accepted without prior approval or after 30 days of invoice date.
- All returns will incur a 17.5% restocking fee or cost to send the item to you whichever greater. FSA may use discretion to determine the restocking fee.
- Any damages (minor, that can be repaired) will incur a fee which will be deducted from the total refund which will be equal to the cost of the replacement
parts (List Price) and labour charge (if applicable) to repair the system(s). This will be separate to the restocking fee.
- Any damage considered to be major and not feasible for repair may be refused and the return request will be void. The customer will be responsible for the return freight or disposal of the damaged unit.
- Return shipping is to be paid by the buyer to the address provided. It is recommended that the customer applies transit warranty to the return freight in case of damage.
- Any damages to the system that were not reported to FSA within 48 business hours of receipted delivery are not covered under our transit warranty.
- Should the item appear faulty or doesn’t work how described, the unit/item must be returned for testing (if requested), the return postage paid by the buyer. If the unit/item is deemed to be faulty, compensation will be provided for the postage cost (Proof of cost required). If the unit/item is deemed to be in working order and as described, the buyer will responsible for return postage.
If you have any questions about our return policy, please contact us before purchase. This will also help to ensure you purchase the correct product that suits your requirements.
Can I install my Water Filter on my own or do I need a Plumber?
For quality assurance and Insurance reasons, we always recommend using a licenced plumber who is familiar with water filtration. This ensures that the installation runs smoothly and is professional. If you fancy yourself reasonable at DIY type projects, we provide you with all the necessary components and instructions you need to conduct the installation yourself. Our technical support team are contactable during business hours on 1300 888 008 should you have any queries about installation.
Will Undersink Water Filters Remove Fluoride?
Standard Undersink filters will not remove fluoride from the water, we recommend using reverse osmosis as it is the safest, and most effective way of removing Fluoride from the water. There are proclaimed Fluoride Removal Cartridges on the market however they use a material called Activated Alumina which will remove Fluoride up to approx. 80% while the filter is new, but will then rapidly depreciate to the point where it is no longer effective. The other down side to the Activated Alumina cartridges is, they have a tendency to leach heavy metals into the water when the filter ages. If you do not keep a strict routine for filter replacement, it may be introducing dangerous heavy metals into your drinking water.
How often should I change my water filter cartridges?
Water quality across Australia can vary quite significantly which can impact the life of your filter cartridges. As a general rule, we recommend to change your cartridges every 6 – 12 month, OR sooner if necessary. This will ensure that your filters are working as efficient as possible to provide you with clean drinking water.
What water filter cartridges should I use while caravanning?
When deciding on what filters you are going to use in your caravan system, there are a few key points that you need to take into account. Much of this stems down to the locations you will be visiting, whether that be caravan parks, private property or even along a creek or river, all of which can use either treated town water, bore water (non-potable) or water direct from the creek/river. Treated town water is not so much of an issue so standard filters will suffice. When you get into bore water or creak water, you need to consider a system or filter that is capable of handling the sediment, such as the Pleated Washable Sediment Filter specially designed to deal with heavy sediment levels. HydroSil is strongly recommended to be used to both sanitise your water, and also clean out the plumbing/storage tank within the caravan/camper van.