Single 12” x 52” Back Washable Glass Media Filter 30L/PM – AFM Media (48-AFM)
Single 12” x 52” Back Washable Glass Media Filter 30L/PM – AFM Media
AFM® Activated Filter Media is a direct replacement for sand, doubling the performance of sand filters without the need of additional investments in infrastructure. AFM® resists biofouling, bio coagulation and transient wormhole channelling of unfiltered water and never needs to be recharged or replaced.
AFM® is a highly engineered product manufactured from a specific glass type, processed to obtain the optimum particle size and shape. It is then exposed to a 3-step activation process to increase its surface area by up to 300 times for superior mechanical and electro-static filtration performance.
The activated surface of AFM® is self-sterilizing which prevents bacteria mud-balling, coagulation and channelling of unfiltered water through the filter bed. Activation increases the surface area by up to 300 times for catalysis and adsorption reactions. Similar to activated carbon, the surface nano-structure adsorbs pollutants from the water but unlike carbon, AFM® is recharged by just back-washing with water.
- Will not support bacterial growth
- At up to 20m/h will consistently filter, without flocculation:
-- >95% of 4μ particles (Grade 1)
- Will selectively filter positively charged ionic particles such as heavy metals*
- Will not suffer from channelling or preferential pathways
- Will consistently evacuate more than 95% of retained particles using 50% or less water than required for sand. (backwash duration 5 mins max at 45m/h).
- Has a service lifespan of 10 - 15 years or more.
- Single 12” x 52” Media Vessel
- 30LPM (Continuous) – 50LPM (Peak) Flow rate
- AFM Glass Media Grade 1 & 2
- Genuine Autotrol 263 Head with 742 Time Clock
- Pre-Loaded Vessel for easy installation
- Built in Raw Water Bypass
- Pressure Differential Kit (OPTIONAL)
Service Flow rate: 30L/PM Continuous
Peak Flow rate: 50L/PM
Backwash Flow rate: 50L/PM
Vessel Inc Head
1355mm Height x 350mm Width Approx.
Inlet/Outlet Manifold : 1” BSP Male
Drain : ¾” Male
Due to the nature of the products we sell, a strict return policy is in place. We work with food grade certified materials that must be un-opened and un-used as to be able to be re-sold.
You may receive a refund or credit of equal amount, less the restocking fee if applicable and any other deductions that are relevant.
- Wrongly purchased items may be returned for a merchandise credit, this applies for but not limited to: Wrong size, wrong system etc.
- 30 Day return Policy: Returns will not be accepted without prior approval or after 30 days of invoice date.
- All returns will incur a 17.5% restocking fee or cost to send the item to you whichever greater. FSA may use discretion to determine the restocking fee.
- Any damages (minor, that can be repaired) will incur a fee which will be deducted from the total refund which will be equal to the cost of the replacement
parts (List Price) and labour charge (if applicable) to repair the system(s). This will be separate to the restocking fee.
- Any damage considered to be major and not feasible for repair may be refused and the return request will be void. The customer will be responsible for the return freight or disposal of the damaged unit.
- Return shipping is to be paid by the buyer to the address provided. It is recommended that the customer applies transit warranty to the return freight in case of damage.
- Any damages to the system that were not reported to FSA within 48 business hours of receipted delivery are not covered under our transit warranty.
- Should the item appear faulty or doesn’t work how described, the unit/item must be returned for testing (if requested), the return postage paid by the buyer. If the unit/item is deemed to be faulty, compensation will be provided for the postage cost (Proof of cost required). If the unit/item is deemed to be in working order and as described, the buyer will responsible for return postage.
If you have any questions about our return policy, please contact us before purchase. This will also help to ensure you purchase the correct product that suits your requirements.