WaterMark Whole House Water Filter System 20" x 4.5" Ultraviolet Sanitation 1-9WMS 7-8K
Full Australian WaterMark Certification
This Water Filtration System is certified to WaterMark Standards AS/NZS 3497 Under the Certificate number 23247. WaterMark is the standard that is required by law for a qualified plumber in Australia to install any item on municipal town water. All products used under this certification will give you peace of mind knowing that your water filter complies with Australian plumbing codes. Our WaterMark filtration systems are hand assembled here in Australia and are batch tested to ensure quality and workmanship for your filtration products.
This kit has been put together to meet the demands of many customers using tank water.
Tank water will always require filtration as it isn't treated like municipal water supplies. The most cost effective and total solution to do so is to use UV Sterilisation, which will ensure 100% eradication of all Bacteria and Viruses from your house water supply.
The only alternative would be to use an undersink filter for drinking water, which is effective at stopping cysts such as giardia, but won't protect you from harmful bacteria or viruses such as E-Coli which can enter the water through frogs excrement. On top of this, all other taps i.e the shower, basins and other taps wont be treated so you can still be exposed to these viruses and bacteria through other means other than ingestion.
Items Included In Kit
GT1-9WMS - WaterMark Twin System - Stainless Steel Bracket
GT2-28N - Poly Spun Sediment Filter 5 Micron
GT4-19CTO - Carbon Block Filter 5 Micron
GT7-8K - Ultraviolet Sanitation System 50L/Min
PLEASE NOTE: The Second photo is an example photo only, not all items included in the photo are supplied with this kit, you will only receive the items that are listed above. You will need to source your own fittings to install the system to your required specifications. Because all set ups are different, we do not supply the fittings with this kit. Please refer to description for items supplied with this kit.
The UV ballast is not waterproof and should be protected from water/moisture at all times.
If you have any questions at all regarding the installation or the included items/added extras, please contact us prior to purchasing.
Twin Whole House Water Filter
Contains: 5 micron Poly Spun Sediment Cartridge
5 micron Carbon Block Cartridge
5 micron Poly Spun Cartridge:
Poly Spun is the best type of filtration you can get. They do not accumulate bacteria as much as other materials, as well as being high flow and low pressure drop. Effective in all applications. 5 micron is a reasonably fine filtration and would be suited on high quality bore water or town water or in front of RO's.
100% Virgin Polypropylene material - Compatible for Our Watermark Certified Systems
Purefer Polypropylene filters are made using a unique single nozzle manufacturing process, where a single nozzle blows melted polypropylene onto a spinning 5 micron filter core. As more Polypropylene is blown, the filter diameter gradually widens and the outer density of the filter decreases.
This unique manufacturing process gives Purefer filters a true Gradient Density that allows for a greater dirt holding capacity and higher filtration efficiency compared to standard melt blown filters made from multiple nozzle blowers.
5 micron PURE Carbon Block Cartridge:
Pure Coconut Carbon Block Filters are made from a combination of high-performance coconut shell carbon, unique binders and industry leading manufacturing processes to deliver trade quality carbon block filters. They deliver exceptionally low pressure drop while maintaining a high dirt holding capacity with excellent contaminant reduction capabilities.
Pure Carbon Blocks are registered in compliance with NSF/ANSI 42, 53 and 61 for several things, including VOC’s, THM’s, Lead & Heavy Metal Reduction, Chloramine Reduction & Chlorine Taste & Odour reduction. This also includes meeting standards of purity & safety of the materials used.
The perfect carbon block filter is made from 100% Coconut Shell Carbon, which creates what many believe to be sweetest tasting water. The unique pore structure of this carbon is well suited for chemical absorption, including VOC's, while reducing chlorine and chemicals that contribute to taste and odour
Ultraviolet Sanitation System:
UV Water Sanitation is by far the most important filtration process when it comes to rain water treatment. Rain water harbours bacteria of all types but is some cases much more harmful bacteria may be present in the tank. E-Coli is a common bacterium in tank water and is due mostly to Frogs in and around your tanks/catchment. Ultraviolet sanitation works by breaking down the cell wall of a micro-organism allowing oxidation to occur which in turn prevents the bacteria from multiplying until it is finally eradicated. Ultraviolet filtration is a chemical free solution to water sanitation creating no by products in the water.
We recommend adding the optional UV Thermal Relief Valve for any situation where the UV system is installed and water is not continuously running through the system. This will prevent the UV system from overheating and damaging the seals
- GT7-8K WaterMark Whole House UV System 40W | 1” Ports
- GT7-8-BRK (x2) 1 Pair of Aluminium Mounting Clamps + Screws
- GT7-8K-Lamp 840mm 4 Pin 40W UV Lamp
- GT7-8K-Thimble 895mm Quartz Thimble 24.5mm*OD
- GT7-8K-PS UL Certified Ballast 40W Australian Plug + Earth Cable
- GT7-8N-OR NSF/ANSI 42 Compliant O-Rings Suit 24.5mm*OD
- Commercial Grade Electropolished 316 Stainless Steel Chamber
- Visual & Audible Lamp Failure Alarm
- 1” BSP Threaded Male Connections
- Strong Aluminium Mounting Brackets – Surrounds Chamber
- High Intensity UV Lamps – Up to 50L/min @ 30mJ/cm²
Water Pre-Treatment Specifications
- Hardness < 120 mg/L
- Turbidity < 1.0 NTU
- Iron < 0.3 mg/L
- Manganese < 0.05 mg/L
- Tannins < 0.1 mg/L
- Filtration < 5uM Particulate Filtration
If your water quality parameters do not meet these criteria, please contact the distributor for pre-treatment recommendations.
Required: Pre-treatment must include at least a 5 micron sediment filter installed prior to the unit in order to ensure that particles capable of shielding pathogens are removed from the water prior to entering the system. A shut off valve must be installed prior to the unit in order to turn the water off for servicing and to ensure the flow is restricted to the parameters of the unit. Ensure adequate clearance at the lamp connection end of the unit in order to safely remove the lamp from the chamber for servicing and lamp replacement. Space required is at least the length of the UV chamber.
Twin Water Filter
Suits: Bore, Tank, Dam or Town water
Size: 20" x 4.5"
Ports: 1" BSP Ports
Max Flow: 60 Ltrs/min (tested to 120 Ltrs/min)
UV Sanitation System
Max Flow 50L/Min (For 30mJ/cm² EOL)
Chamber 316 SS
Ports Size 1” BSP
Max Pressure 125 psi
Working Pressure Up To 70psi
UV Lamp GT7-8K-Lamp
Lamp Power 40W
Lamp Length 840mm
Thimble Length 895mm
Thimble OD 24.5mm
Length (Chamber) 900mm (Without Plug)
Between Ports 780mm
Earthing: Before operating this unit, it must be earthed. Simply attach the supplied earthing cable connected to the chamber to an earthing rod.
UV systems are not designed to be turned on and off. Doing this may shorten your lamp life. Lamps should be changed every year. The lamp may still be working, but after 1 year, the power may not be able to kill all bacteria. The Quartz thimble should be replaced every 2 years. If hardness is high it is recommended to service and clean the UV thimble every 6 months or as required to remove and scale that may build up.
Dosage – GT7-8K
General Disinfection (Common) 30mJ/cm²
Flow Rate Maximum (EOL) 50L/min
Recommended for Drinking Water 40mJ/cm²
Flow Rate Maximum (EOL) 37L/min
Due to the nature of the products we sell, a strict return policy is in place. We work with food grade certified materials that must be un-opened and un-used as to be able to be re-sold.
You may receive a refund or credit of equal amount, less the restocking fee if applicable and any other deductions that are relevant.
- Wrongly purchased items may be returned for a merchandise credit, this applies for but not limited to: Wrong size, wrong system etc.
- 30 Day return Policy: Returns will not be accepted without prior approval or after 30 days of invoice date.
- All returns will incur a 17.5% restocking fee or cost to send the item to you whichever greater. FSA may use discretion to determine the restocking fee.
- Any damages (minor, that can be repaired) will incur a fee which will be deducted from the total refund which will be equal to the cost of the replacement
parts (List Price) and labour charge (if applicable) to repair the system(s). This will be separate to the restocking fee.
- Any damage considered to be major and not feasible for repair may be refused and the return request will be void. The customer will be responsible for the return freight or disposal of the damaged unit.
- Return shipping is to be paid by the buyer to the address provided. It is recommended that the customer applies transit warranty to the return freight in case of damage.
- Any damages to the system that were not reported to FSA within 48 business hours of receipted delivery are not covered under our transit warranty.
- Should the item appear faulty or doesn’t work how described, the unit/item must be returned for testing (if requested), the return postage paid by the buyer. If the unit/item is deemed to be faulty, compensation will be provided for the postage cost (Proof of cost required). If the unit/item is deemed to be in working order and as described, the buyer will responsible for return postage.
If you have any questions about our return policy, please contact us before purchase. This will also help to ensure you purchase the correct product that suits your requirements.