Spot Free Rinse System | Window Cleaning & Car Detailing Commercial Water Filter (GT1-100)
- Commercial Car Detailing & Window Cleaning Water Filter
- Spot Free Rinse - 0 TDS Water
- More Effective than Reverse Osmosis & Distilled Water
- Real-Time Flow Rate Monitor + Flow Total Volume
- Flow from 3 - 100 L/Min | Flow Total up to 999,999.9L
- 1x High Flow Coconut Carbon Pre-Filter
- 2x High Capacity 4 Kg (5.5L) Indion ® DI Resin Filters
- WaterMark Certified Housing
- Standard Hose connections included
Spot Free Rinse System | Commercial Window Cleaning & Car Detailing Water Filter
Superseding the old FSA “De-Min” Window Cleaning Kit, our NEW GT1-100 Spot Free Rinse Window Cleaning & Car Detailing System produces softened, de-ionised, "TDS-Free" Water (<1 Total Dissolved Solids) to remove contaminants and particles for the ultimate, shiny, scale-free spot-free rinse, preventing the need to scrub or polish surfaces, thus reducing the risk of unsightly scratches and scale build-up!
What is a Spot Free Rinse? What is Zero TDS Water?
Spot Free Rinsing Systems produce water that has been softened or filtered via Reverse Osmosis, Deionisation (aka. Ion Exchange Resin Filtration) or Distillation, to remove the metals, minerals, salts, contaminants, and dissolved particles (Total Dissolved Solids aka. TDS) that cause limescale build-up, corrode metal, bond to surfaces and dissolve the paintwork finish on cars, windows, and unprotected surfaces. Leaving scale to build up on surfaces causes a lackluster appearance, and ultimately leads to surface damage over time.
The most common dissolved solids often found in Australian tap water (and notably in areas with typically high TDS like Perth, Adelaide, and Brisbane) include calcium, magnesium, sodium, chloride, aluminum, nitrates, and phosphates. Water that contains high amounts of these salts and minerals (calcium and magnesium ions in particular), tend to bond easily with other ions and compounds to form hard scales and leave behind stubborn white spots once the water evaporates - exactly the same as the type of white scale that builds up in your shower over time!
Why use De-Ionised (DI) Water for the Perfect Spot Free Rinse?
"Zero TDS" DI Water water produces an anti-scale Spot Free Rinse for cars and windows, as there are no residuals in the water after the water evaporates. Having a Spot Free Rinse eliminates the need to use a squeegee or chamois to remove excess water from a surface, thus helping to avoid scale marks, prevent scratches, and stop staining.
DI water is sought after for several uses due to its negligible mineral content, affordability, and the fact that DI systems provide a faster and more economical solution to producing Zero TDS water than RO or Distillation. The quality water produced by our system (low EC/TDS Free) is in most cases better than commercially produced distilled water and even better than reverse osmosis (which retains a residual mineral content after filtration).
How does Indion® Ion Exchange Deionising Resin Soften Water?
In our Spot Free Rinse System, we use only the best premium quality virgin Indion® MB-115 Mixed Bed Ion Exchange Resin from Ion Exchange Ltd, the leading global manufacturer of Ion Exchange Resins for water softening, de-alkalization, and de-mineralisation.
Indion® De-Ionising Resin is a unique mixed bed 60% Sulfonic Acid & 40% Quarternary Ammonium based Polystyrene Copolymer that contains millions of microscopic ion-exchange sites. When water passes through the resin, TDS anions and cations (i.e. Ca2+ and Mg2+) in solution will preferentially bind to the ion exchange sites, leaving ultra pure water as the end product. Over time, the resin media will become exhausted and require replacing.
How to test for TDS?
You can test for the presence of TDS quickly and easily by placing a few drops of DI filtered water in a clean, residue-free glass, allowing the water to evaporate, and then checking for the presence of scale - if you notice white spots have formed, it's time to change your filter. Alternatively, you can test the TDS level of your system with a properly calibrated TDS Meter, such as the HM Digital TDS-3 Pen.
The GT1-100 Spot Free Rinse Filter Design
Our system uses a 3-stage design, with a 10” x 4.5” Coconut Carbon Pre-filter, and 2x Indion® Ion Exchange DI Resin Cartridges. Chlorine is known to deteriorate rubber and corrode metal, so the Carbon Pre-Filter will provide chlorine-free water for 45,000L @ 7.5L/Min and is capable of a peak flow rate that covers all types of Pressure Cleaners up to and over 20L/Min.
The inlet of the system is a 1” BSP female port making adaptation simple and quick. This allows the system to be used in a permanent fixed location for car detailers, car washes, or in a portable scenario by mounting the spot-free washer system on a trolley, using hose fittings to connect it to your pressure cleaner hose.
The inbuilt DigiFlow 6710M-66 Flow Rate Monitor eliminates the guesswork from operating the system. It provides real-time read-out data for precise measurement and control of the flow rate and total volume of water used - perfect for use with a pressure washer. Having an inline flow rate meter affixed to the system also allows you to measure how many litres of TDS Free water can be produced before you must replace the filters, and gives you a rough idea of when your next resin replacement will be due.
DI Spot Free Rinse System is Perfect for Use with a Pressure Washer
With DI water, the lower the flow rate the better. For this reason, when a Spot Free Rinse is required, we recommend limiting the flow rate to 7L/Min or less which matches the minimum flow rate of common pressure cleaner brands such as Gerni, Ryobi, and Karcher. This system features pressure gauges and a flow meter, and is designed for commercial use on Cars, Boats, Trucks, Vans, Utes, Motorbikes, Caravans, RVs, Prestige Vehicles (pretty much any type of vehicle you can think of), but may also be suitable for casual users such as car enthusiasts wanting to do a regular spot-free touch-free rinse of a ceramic coated/paint protected vehicle or those with many glass fixtures around the home (i.e. windows/glass pool fences).
Spot Free Rinse Filter RinKit Contains
- 1x 10" x 4.5" 100% Coconut Carbon Pre-Filter 5 Micron
- 2x 20" x 4.5" Refillable Cartridges containing Indion® Deionising Resin (4.2Kg Resin in total)
- Heavy-Duty Powder Coated Steel Bracket as standard OR Stainless Steel Upgrade (Extra)
- 2x Working Pressure Gauges
- Digiflow 6710 Flow Meter
- Housing Spanner Opening Wrench
- High Flow 3/8” Lines with Standard Hose Attachment
- Suitable for use with pressure washers
- Spot Free Rinse 0 TDS Water*
- Removes salts, minerals, and hardness from water.
- High Capacity Resin – 4Kg = 5.5L Of Resin
- Pre-Carbon filter removes Chlorine & Chemicals
- Available with 1" BSP or Garden Hose Connections
*Note: Zero (0) TDS is equivalent to <1ppm TDS. As with any filter, the capacity of virgin de-ionizing resin to remove TDS from water gradually degrades over time. As the hardness of water varies depends on the water source, there is no hard and fast rule for when you should replace the DI resin. As a rule of thumb, DI resin is due for replacement when you notice spots appearing. Purchase Replacement DI Resin HERE.
Storage and Safety Instructions
- Store DI Resin in the shade and do not allow the resin to dry. Keep sealed at all times. Exposure to atmospheric air will cause the Resin to convert to a carbonate form. Keep below 60°C.
- Acid and Alkali solutions are corrosive and should be handled carefully. Prevent contact with skin and eyes. If oxidizing agents are used, safety precautions should be observed.
DI Resin Technical Information:
- Indion® MB-155 is a mixed bed ion exchange resin, composed of strong highly purified/super regenerated (40%) acid cation and (60%) base anion resins. Produces reliable results where the highest quality of pure water is required with minimum ionic and non-ionic contamination.
- Particle Size: 0.3-1.2 millimeters
- Chemical Stability: Stable in pH ranges from 0-14 and resistant to oxidizing and reducing agents.
- Rinse Characteristics: Rinsed with ≥ 17.0 megaohm/cm water to meet stringent quality requirements for ultra purity.
- Matrix: Crosslinked Polystyrene, Gel Type
- Cation Resin (40%)
- Functional Group: Sulphonic Acid
- Total Exchange Capacity: 1.9 meq/ml
- Ionic Conversion: 99% minimum in Cl form
- Moisture Holding Capacity 48-58%
- Thermal Stability: Up to 120°C
- Anion Resin (60%)
- Functional Group: Quarternery Ammonium
- Total Exchange Capacity: 1.0 meq/ml
- Ionic Conversion: 99% minimum in Cl form
- Moisture Holding Capacity: 60%
- Thermal Stability: Up to 60°C
Width: 680mm (Including Tubing from TDS Meter as Shown in photo)
Max Pressure: 500 kPa (70 psi)
Max Flow: 20L/Min*
Rinse Flow: 7L/Min
Inlet: 1” BSP (Available With Garden Hose Fitting)
Outlet: 1” BPS (Available with Garden Hose Fitting)
Pre-Filter Service Life: 45,000L or 12 Months
DI Service Life: Variable depending on incoming water quality
DI Volume: 4Kg – 5.5L (2Kg – 2.75L Per Cartridge)
Pre-Filter: 10” x 4.5”
DI Filters: 20” x 4.5”
Certification: WaterMark Certified Housings
Due to the nature of the products we sell, a strict return policy is in place. We work with food grade certified materials that must be un-opened and un-used as to be able to be re-sold.
You may receive a refund or credit of equal amount, less the restocking fee if applicable and any other deductions that are relevant.
- Wrongly purchased items may be returned for a merchandise credit, this applies for but not limited to: Wrong size, wrong system etc.
- 30 Day return Policy: Returns will not be accepted without prior approval or after 30 days of invoice date.
- All returns will incur a 17.5% restocking fee or cost to send the item to you whichever greater. FSA may use discretion to determine the restocking fee.
- Any damages (minor, that can be repaired) will incur a fee which will be deducted from the total refund which will be equal to the cost of the replacement
parts (List Price) and labour charge (if applicable) to repair the system(s). This will be separate to the restocking fee.
- Any damage considered to be major and not feasible for repair may be refused and the return request will be void. The customer will be responsible for the return freight or disposal of the damaged unit.
- Return shipping is to be paid by the buyer to the address provided. It is recommended that the customer applies transit warranty to the return freight in case of damage.
- Any damages to the system that were not reported to FSA within 48 business hours of receipted delivery are not covered under our transit warranty.
- Should the item appear faulty or doesn’t work how described, the unit/item must be returned for testing (if requested), the return postage paid by the buyer. If the unit/item is deemed to be faulty, compensation will be provided for the postage cost (Proof of cost required). If the unit/item is deemed to be in working order and as described, the buyer will responsible for return postage.
If you have any questions about our return policy, please contact us before purchase. This will also help to ensure you purchase the correct product that suits your requirements.