Xstream Inline Alkaline Water Filter Cartridge + Fittings | Average pH 8-9 (GT6-0)
This is the ultimate in pH adjustment, it's the only alkaliser cartridge in the world that can raise and retain a constant 8.5 pH over 12 months and we believe well beyond this time, however our testing period only covers 12 months.
This a special grade of Magnesium which is very sacrificial so it lends it's self to a very quick rise in pH making it suitable to post RO work.
Like all sacrificial alkaliser cartridges this one will leech a small amount of magnesium into the final drinking water. The rate of magnesium introduced will vary from each situation but testing has shown on average an increase of approx 20-45 ppm.
This cartridges needs to be pre-flushed to clear any fine particles so we suggest a wash time directly off the mains pressure or approx 3-5 minutes prior to use. Any system containing these cartridges have already been pre-washed but replacements are sold dry and require pre-rinsing.
Even after rinsing it's likely the TDS may be as high as 70 - 100 ppm depending on the rinse times and methods but this will quickly decrease to the average output.
It's essential that the GT6-11 Xstream carbon cartridge be use after the Xstream GT6-0 Alk cartridge for maximum taste reduction. So you should order both cartridges at the same time if you are no currently using the Xstream alk system.
The life of the cartridge will be dictated by the pH result. If you see the pH of your final water dropping below a point you are satisfied with, then it's time to replace the Alk Cartridge, we feel this will be between 12 and 24 months.
Due to the nature of the products we sell, a strict return policy is in place. We work with food grade certified materials that must be un-opened and un-used as to be able to be re-sold.
You may receive a refund or credit of equal amount, less the restocking fee if applicable and any other deductions that are relevant.
- Wrongly purchased items may be returned for a merchandise credit, this applies for but not limited to: Wrong size, wrong system etc.
- 30 Day return Policy: Returns will not be accepted without prior approval or after 30 days of invoice date.
- All returns will incur a 17.5% restocking fee or cost to send the item to you whichever greater. FSA may use discretion to determine the restocking fee.
- Any damages (minor, that can be repaired) will incur a fee which will be deducted from the total refund which will be equal to the cost of the replacement
parts (List Price) and labour charge (if applicable) to repair the system(s). This will be separate to the restocking fee.
- Any damage considered to be major and not feasible for repair may be refused and the return request will be void. The customer will be responsible for the return freight or disposal of the damaged unit.
- Return shipping is to be paid by the buyer to the address provided. It is recommended that the customer applies transit warranty to the return freight in case of damage.
- Any damages to the system that were not reported to FSA within 48 business hours of receipted delivery are not covered under our transit warranty.
- Should the item appear faulty or doesn’t work how described, the unit/item must be returned for testing (if requested), the return postage paid by the buyer. If the unit/item is deemed to be faulty, compensation will be provided for the postage cost (Proof of cost required). If the unit/item is deemed to be in working order and as described, the buyer will responsible for return postage.
If you have any questions about our return policy, please contact us before purchase. This will also help to ensure you purchase the correct product that suits your requirements.